SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - PRS SE Bernie Marsden with Oil City Masterwounds and other upgrades PRICE DROP

What's Hot
McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
edited March 2019 in Guitars £

Wotchya you Gassy lot. 

I've decided to shift the lovely PRS SE Bernie Marsden I picked up from the most gentlemanly @CountryDave last year. As much as I love it (it was used both at the Woking and 'Uddersfield forum jams and was praised for its tone if not for the muppet playing it), the arrival of a Feline Lion means that it sits unmolested and lonely.   

It is sporting an excellent set of handwound Tubesnakes by Ash at Oil City Pickups  and I have also upgraded the pots and switch to CTS and cap to orange drop . It's a fabulous guitar and the Tubesnakes really rock. 

It comes with the great SE gig bag, strap locks and I'll throw in the PRS leather strap pictured. Collection from Haywards Heath, West Sussex, Central London or anywhere between. I might consider delivery within one hour of Haywards Heath by arrangement and I may also post, though would prefer not to as it's not in a hard case. Dave posted it to me though and I still have the materials (I think). 

I'm looking for £475 £435 (much less than I paid and even more if you include tha pots/swith/strap)

There's an outside chance that I may entertain trades, but (weirdly) I'm more likely to be interested in more expensive guitars, with cash coming from the taxman me.  Potential things of interest would be Jazzmasters, Teles (I've had 4 and sold 4 but keep thinking I need another) or maybe a P90-equipped thing. I'm good for all-out rock and lookins for something a little gentler.  

Right - that's enough chat. Here are a few ipad pics. If you want any more, lemme know. 

Oh did I mention that it's signed by Bernie (and some other fruitbat)? If you're name is Alan - this is the guitar for you  B

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2394
    Lovely Bernie! If I didn't already have my one I'd be jumping at this. Whoever buys this will be very, very happy indeed.
    Tim
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    yup it sounded great at Hudderstockfest.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    no no no I mean you did, playing it!
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    pmbomb said:
     ;)  That's a pint I owe you

edited February 2019
    Hump that bump. 

I've had some interest on Facebook, but they need to sell shit before buying shit so probably won't come to anything.

Any offers? 

Edit. Might be very interested in a MIJ 62 RI Telecaster. Any condition as long as it plays well. 

• Trade against a USA G&L ASAT Special in Honeyburst? Fabulous guitar. Tele on steroids that plays effortlessly. They were £1,900 ish World Guitars last year. Demolishes the 7 USA Fenders I've owned- nearer to my Suhr, in fact. 
    Trade against a USA G&L ASAT Special in Honeyburst? Fabulous guitar. Tele on steroids that plays effortlessly. They were £1,900 ish World Guitars last year. Demolishes the 7 USA Fenders I've owned- nearer to my Suhr, in fact. 
    Interesting. PMd

Every now and then when your life gets complicated and the weasels start closing in, the only cure is to load up on heinous chemicals and then drive like a bastard from Hollywood to Las Vegas ... with the music at top volume and at least a pint of ether

A Hunter S. Bump

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5754
    McToot said:
    pmbomb said:
     ;)  That's a pint I owe you
    Even from Wiltshire, I could hear that your playing was both exquisite and masterful. 

Mine’s a Guinness  :3  ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Price drop bump and call for any interesting trades

they are not worth of this bargain.
    pmbomb said:
    they are not worth of this bargain.
    I am a bit surprised that there hasn't been more interest to be fair, but there you go. I should pretend to Lady McToot that it sold handsomely and hide it away. Then I could get in the market to buy myself a 50th pressie to go with the Feline the good lady bought me  B)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    that'd be a cracker for someone who wants to rock, and move on from their very first cheapie. maybe that's not the typical member here.

got it on Ebay and Gumtree Jools? my PRS went via Gumtree in a few weeks, no nibbles here for well over a year. very pleasant transaction too.
    Yeah - it's on Gumtree and Facebook. Some interest on the latter but mainly the usual 'need to sell stuff first'. 

• timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2394
    This poor Bernie needs a loving home, it's ace! If you were closer to Manchester I might have caved by now. Not that I need another one... Someone buy it!
    Tim
    I have got some serious interest in it - just need to see if I have the packaging necessary to get it sent safely...

• It's lovely but my eyes can't get past the carpet Jules
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    It's lovely but my eyes can't get past the carpet Jules
    Poppycock. It is specifically designed so that the lines draw one's attention to the Tower of Tone at the end of the room. 

edited March 2019
    Turns out that the serious interest has rather wilted, probably due to some dithering  on my part, so this rather tasty instrument is still very much up for sale.

I'm still obviously preferring a local-ish deal but I have sourced the packagaing necessary to post and could send it in its gig bag in a box with plenty of padding.  

Now provisionally sold, pending the usual spot the guitar buyer shenanigans at a London station next week...