NBD Ibanez Mezzo

What's Hot
MagicPigDetectiveMagicPigDetective Frets: 3024
edited February 2019 in Bass

Been looking for my first bass and decided to go for a new Ibanez Mezzo SRMD200, in candy apple matt red. It’s just for home use and I thought a light, small bass with a medium scale would be ideal to learn on. It arrived today from Dawsons.

It really is very light and the neck is very thin. A quick tightening of the truss rod and it feels easy to play. There is a slideable 'hatch' on the truss rod cover, meaning you can access it without unscrewing, a cool feature. 

I like the matt red colour, like a New Zealand pinot noir. I can see no finishing flaws.

The strings are D'adddario, but no info is supplied and I have no idea what gauge, or whether they are round or flatwounds, this is a completely new world for me.

I don't have a bass amp, but it sounded fine through a Katana 100 at low volume. Will be using it mostly through an interface and headphones.

It's exactly what I was after, £250 seems like a total bargain. I can't compare it to other basses, but it does seem like a good choice for a 1st bass.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments