Wireless guitar system

What's Hot
Hi 

After some advice on a reasonably priced wireless transmitter/receiver system for my electric guitar- budget around £50.  Bought a Muslady wireless guitar system at Christmas which worked fine initially and has stopped working so looking for an alternative - any suggestions?  Only for home use.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I've tried a couple of the cheaper ones and they've always failed, either with cheap jack connectors or loss of signal. 

About the cheapest I trust now are the Line 6 G10 and the Xvive U2, but they're both around a hundred new. 

You might get one of those or a G30 second hand for near your budget. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • I've been using the g30 for a few years now and i think its great,. maybe look for one 2nd hand??
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    The cheap ones just aren’t built to stand the rigours of gigging. 

I have a smooth hound and the Boss usb charged one and both have been excellent and totally reliable.

Personally I’d pay the extra and never worry about it. You pays yer money and all that
  • Caffeine_VampireCaffeine_Vampire Frets: 3479
    edited February 2019
    I had the Fender wireless system for home use. Usual tone sucking but it worked well enough. Wouldn’t have dreamed of gigging it though. 
    'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
  • Thanks for the suggestions - looks like I'll need to stretch the budget a little.  Bad experience with the first purchase so fingers crossed a bigger investment might pay off in the long-run
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    The Line6 G10 is the cheapest I’d go and expect it to be any good (or last). They’re under a hundred quid at GAK. I have a G10 in my studio and a Shure GLX for gigging.
  • kennedydream1980kennedydream1980 Frets: 1156
    edited February 2019
    If you are going cheap then I would go for the AKG WMS40 mini. I gigged one for a few years and it was fine. You should pick one up for around £40-£50 secondhand.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I got a  Xvive U2 system over Christmas. It's brilliant, I've played so much guitar since I got it just down to how convenient and easy to use it is. I've used it with amps, effects units, and also with my audio interface. Have had zero problems with it. And it's quick to charge over USB and lasts ages on each charge.

• if you can get a used Line6 G30 i would go for that , ive just started going wireless and ive had good results with the g30
  • G30 is great. Been using one for years with no issues.
  • I got a  Xvive U2 system over Christmas. It's brilliant, I've played so much guitar since I got it just down to how convenient and easy to use it is. I've used it with amps, effects units, and also with my audio interface. Have had zero problems with it. And it's quick to charge over USB and lasts ages on each charge.

Brilliant and has never let me down live or at rehearsal
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    +1 for G30
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1260
    If you are going cheap then I would go for the AKG WMS40 mini. I gigged one for a few years and it was fine. You should pick one up for around £40-£50 secondhand.
    +1 from me - they’re only ~£80 new, sound fine, dead simple, a single AA battery in the transmitter lasts for weeks and on the basis of the one I’ve gigged extensively for several years bomb proof...
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
  • +1 for the G30. 

Had the G10 before that but returned it cos the mini usb felt flimsy, it wouldn’t fit into the recessed jack socket on my Tele, and in my LP it stuck out too far & was easily knocked. 
  • Anyone tried the Boss WL-20 ?
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31589
    I've been gigging a G10 heavily for three years with half a dozen different guitars and it's never missed a beat. 
    The USB charging port didn't inspire confidence but actually it's still fine. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3588
    It's a bit like cheap guitar cables, you can replace a chep one lots of times or buy a quality one.

I've been happy with the Smooth Hound, 3 transmitters and one receiver.

• VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    edited February 2019
    p90fool said:
    I've been gigging a G10 heavily for three years with half a dozen different guitars and it's never missed a beat. 
    The USB charging port didn't inspire confidence but actually it's still fine. 
    Ditto - & Pete Thorn loves it too! btw, there's a new G10S receiver that can integrate with a pedal board, and if you already have a G10 it uses the same G10T transmitter.  But bloody hell - just seen the price. Including the G10T its £238!!!  A G10 is £100!!!

How the heck does that work?!! What's the other £138 giving you?  Well, it has a standard 9v stompbox style mains input, metal construction, 8 hrs standby rechargeable battery with auto-sleep cut-off, 130 ft line of sight range (50 ft with G10) and adjustable 'cable tone'. It also has an XLR out but so does the G10. Are those extras really worth paying £238 instead of £100?  Hmmm - buyers choice of course, but a G30 is £145, and a G50 is £248 - doesn't seem a particularly good deal to me!!   :o :/

I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)