Pedal tuners!

What's Hot
timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
Whatcha using and why?! I've just got the Snark one, it's ever good. Much prefer it over the pitch black and polytunes that I've owned before. Really nice display and the pedal itself is a very pedal board friendly size.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Over the years have been through TU-2, pitchblack, Tc polytune mini, and have too ended up with the snark, it's my favourite of the bunch for sure.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    Picked up a TU-2 cheap and does just what I want.

It also acts as a buffer for the rest of my signal.

Not really interested in the newer polyphonic tuning tech.

I Just want something that's simple and accurate.

• JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    I've got a pitchblack these days for the rock n roll board. Works fine, I suppose and was pretty cheap. The mute is the handiest thing since I sold my volume pedal. I probably use it more for the mute than the tune function.

For my jazz setup I use a clip on - either a snark or a korg one, depending on whichever I find first, although I do prefer the snark. Obviously if I'm playing with an acoustic piano I just tune to that.
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7143
    Pitch Black works fine for me.

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11448
    Just bought a Polytune Mini to save space on my board.  Pleased with it so far.  Have a TU3 surplus if anyone is interested.
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    Used to use a tu2 and that was great. Ran out of space on my board so I'm now using the built in tuner on the zoom ms70cdr. Works fine..
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Used a TU-2 for years, then got a Polytune Mini. I still have that but my gigging board now has a TU-3 (I needed the buffer). Does the job perfectly.
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    I use a polyphonic pitchblack and to be honest I miss my old trusty tu2.  My eyesight is failing and I'm struggling to see the end of my cock let alone tuning on the floor via a tiny screen. 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JohnnysevenJohnnyseven Frets: 907
    Had a Korg DT10 for years and it was perfect bit a smaller board meant I swapped it for a Polytune Mini. That didn't last long so now I have a good old TU2.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26581
    Lately, I've had a Korg Pitchblack (excellent), Hardwire HT-6 (good but huge, but the display is a bit unclear in daylight) and currently have the Polytune Mini. The Mini's pretty damn good - stable tuning, does exactly what it says on the tin - but it's noisy. All sorts of digital rushing/popping sounds while it's active if your amp's set to a gain-y tone when you're tuning.

I've noticed that polyphonic tuners tend to be more accurate and faster to respond if you roll the volume off on the guitar a bit and switch to the neck pickup (this is actually recommended in the HT-6 manual).
    <space for hire>
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    edited April 2014
    I've got three or four TU-2s -- just very cheap to come by so I leave one in the rehearsal room, one by my home practice amp, one as a paperweight and so on.

The poly Hardwire HT-6 was really good until it died.

Then I wanted to go back to old skool and got a TU-3.  It's noticeably faster than the TU-2; somewhat easier to read too.  And super easy to tell it that you're using a different tuning. 
  • FezFez Frets: 522
    'Nother Pitch user here.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    stonevibe said:
    Pitch Black works fine for me.
    Same here, I have the poly model. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • I think we have 5 DT10s - in various finishes - having used them for at least 10 years I haven't found anything easier, quicker or more stable to use. Having said that I now have Polytune minis on both pedalboards just for size.
  • I have a TU-2. If it ever conks out, I shall get a TU-3.
  • NervousJohnNervousJohn Frets: 191
    I've got a TU-3. It's a really good, easy to use tuner. It's difficult to say more as it just works.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7417
    TU-3 has an excellent bright mode that is a lifesaver if you find yourself gigging outdoors in daylight

The DT-10 is clear, solid, not twitchy, and has a decent buffer - actually if space were not a factor I'd have gone back to one 

On a mini-board the Polytune Mini is fab. 
    Red ones are better. 
  • xwolf5150xwolf5150 Frets: 180
    Peterson strobo stomp until I got the Turbo Tune. .
    Totally satisfied with its performance.
  • MonkeyboneMonkeybone Frets: 261
    Pitchblack +, the dual input was the winner for me.

My band - Crimson on Silver  For sale - Blackstar HT-5S

Gear - Guitars, amps, effects and shizz. Edited for Phil_aka_Pip, who is allergic to big long lists.

• I like to leave my tuner permanently on, and mute via my volume pedal which is further along in my chain when needed.

I have a Hardwire Tuner and a Boss TU3. IMO both are good but the Boss is slightly more compact and I feel like it tracks slightly faster.  I'd go Boss personally unless the buffer is an issue.