eBay buyer behaviour - place your bets!

What's Hot
FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
Sold my Epiphone Dot ES339 VS on eBay last week for a fair price to a bidder who has 840 positive feedback. 

It finished Tuesday evening, on Tuesday morning he was already the top bidder but backed it up with another bid, so he was clearly very keen to win it. 

No more bids that day so he won with his lower bid. Emailed him straight after the sale to say thanks, I can post out over the next couple of days, but I was away at the weekend and back Tuesday. If payment was received in time I'd post before I want away.

No reply. 

Emailed before I went to say, no rush for payment as now away and couldn't post before Tuesday. 

No reply.

Got back today and emailed to say hope everything is ok, could we please complete the sale so I can post it out or let me know if there is an issue.

Nothing yet!

He's got nothing but good feedback, the fact he double bid the morning of the sale makes me think he was away that evening... but it seems odd not to have been in touch by now. 

What do you think? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mgawmgaw Frets: 5262
    slipped whilst feeding his Vietnamese pot bellied pig, cracked his head on the concrete floor of his Danish style pig sty.   lost his memory and is now wandering the countryside of the rhine valley, muttering to himself in urdu
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Can't work that one out ???  I have over 1,000 feedback so a bit of experience.  It baffles me, especially when a reinforcing bid was placed, I agree it shows a keenness to win the auction.  Let us know what happens (if anything) please.  Personally, I wouldn't be too hopeful at this late stage.
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    Can't work that one out ???  I have over 1,000 feedback so a bit of experience.  It baffles me, especially when a reinforcing bid was placed, I agree it shows a keenness to win the auction.  Let us know what happens (if anything) please.  Personally, I wouldn't be too hopeful at this late stage.
    He's not expecting me back until tonight, so possible he's just waiting.

Had it been me, I'd have messaged to say I was bidding and would be away for a while but would complete the sale on my return. eBay let you open an unpaid item claim after 2 days so he's lucky I have not done that yet.

Going to give it another couple of days and contact ebay if nothing.

Will update as and when. 

• King85King85 Frets: 631
    He's changed his mind and now he's just going to ghost and accept a non paying buyer strike I reckon.
  • This drives me mad. I had the same on a PSU I sold recently. All got sorted eventually and he was apologetic. Said he was a pilot so couldn’t use his phone at work. But he’d sent an offer, I sent a counter offer and he accepted it - all in a space of 20 mins. Then silent for 3 days with no payment?! I’m too impatient for that, find something I want, bid or click BIN and pay. 
  • KrisGeeKrisGee Frets: 1286
    brucegill said:
     Said he was a pilot so couldn’t use his phone at work.
    This pilot?

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • brucegill said:
     I’m too impatient for that, find something I want, bid or click BIN and pay. 
    I'm like that too.  It's not impatience, it's an expectation of correct behaviour that I am accustomed to.  I think it's a generation thing, actually, degeneration into a society that doesn't give a shit.  Pisses me off big time.  Mrs LedZep is always telling me to calm down and relax when my expectations aren't met by other people.
    Yes, I'm a boring old fart that just expects proper and timely communication.  Don't think my rant will change anything.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited February 2019
    Indeed! IMO you should consider the other party as much as yourself in online dealings. Let them know when to expect payment / delivery by just sending a quick message. It's not much to ask but is beyond quite a few people. 
  • Haha. Not just me then :) get me so pissed off it’s silly. When I sell its out the door next working day, I’ll probably end up paying more than advertised for the postage so it gets there ASAP and signed for etc. I’d sooner take the hit so the buyers 100% happy. Doesn’t seem to work the other way though lol. 

That’s the pilot for sure. Must be him! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5421
    edited February 2019
    I open unpaid item cases as soon as is permitted when stuff like this happens, that often is enough to spur them to pay, and it also means you can close it sooner and get your fee credit/relist or 2nd chance offer if indeed they are just bailing out.
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    I sold a phono stage to someone who was very evasive once, took a few weeks to get the money, then I had to send it to his brother's place in London, all very weird.  He had good feedback too
    I'm pretty sure now he is not going to pay. I've opened an unpaid item case and listed it elsewhere.