Tweed deluxe style squish but with clarity/presence control?

noisepolluternoisepolluter Frets: 798
edited February 2019 in FX
I do love the growly squishiness of my Liquid Sunshine mkiii but find it a bit dark sounding at home volumes.

In terms of the breakup, compression etc it’s definitely my favourite pedal - just wish it had an overall presence knob to compensate for playing environment - the internal bright switch is a bit all-or-nothing. I am already looking into a brighter speaker in the amp.

Looking on the market, the Catalinbread Formula 55 seems the most similar in terms of circuit type, features and sound clips. 

The Mad Professor Big Tweedy also has a presence control and sounds pretty good in clips.

Any others I might have overlooked? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Les Lius - no presence/tone control, but I've found it doesn't need one. Tweed Twin mode is fantastic. 

Joyo American Sound - very tweakable.

Avoid the Wampler 57 Tweed - loads of adjustment but no good sounds. It can do a passable Bassman to be fair, but that's not what you want. 

I like the sound of the Brantone Tweed but not played one. 
  • JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    edited February 2019
    It’s not voiced on a Deluxe (or a Fender, but it sounds like a Bassman to my simple ears), but give a Zvex Distortron a go. I really love the Box of Rock but it can be dark/boomy with some amps, but the Distortron has subswitches to make it less woofy which you will probably like. “Feels” really similar to the Liquid Sunshine.

Hon. mention for the Greer Ghetto Stomp - more Fender-y to me, but can also be a little dark.
    Menatone Ms Foxy Brown. 
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2576
    tFB Trader
    A graphic eq should help you fix the sound for practice in the house

• Thanks all for the recommendations. I’m currently seeing how ‘tweedy’ I can get the Mudhoney II to sound. Encouragingly so, actually.