Being a Pro-Musician - Pete Thorn

KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
edited February 2019 in Music
Great advice and talk by Pete Thorn.

I was lucky to see him at a Guitar Guitar evening last year. Top fella and sound on so many levels.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Link no work? 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    Link no work? 
    Ta and fixed :)
  • jdgmjdgm Frets: 852
    edited February 2019
    Thankyou for posting this. I watched and LISTENED to all of it; absolutely spot-on with his remarks.

Common sense but I have always been dismayed how many people don't have it....notably the guy who started the band I'm in and who flounced out a year ago, following the most infantile temper tantrum I've seen in 40 yrs; he got the whole band banned from the club we were playing in....no forgiveness or forgetting for that sort of behaviour.

Of course Pete Thorn is on a much higher level than aging semi-pro me, but what he says is so relevant whatever level you're on. What he said about not having to worry about people is something I've always felt.  Everyone should watch this vid IMO.
  • Yep. I've heard this advice before, but that's because it's good advice. 

If anything it's even more applicable at the hobbyist / semi-pro level where people are playing music for the love of it, not because it pays their bills. Because if your mortgage is paid regardless, why the hell would you stay in a band with a bellend?

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• mgawmgaw Frets: 5261
    excellent advice for life I would say  all hail Mr Thorn the Sensei