Carl Martin and Pedal Power 2 advice please :D

DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
edited April 2014 in FX
Okay so, I'm about to finalise my pedal board (famous last words I know). Effectively everything I currently own plus a drive pedal I'm about to go out and pick up. 99% of my power requirements are catered for by one of these.

But.....I picked up one of these at the british guitar show last year.

As lovely as the pedal sounds, it does come with its own plug. I've been looking at other phasers, ideally retro sounding with the ability to flick between two sounds. I thought the MXR one looked promising, but no footswitch option and a tad pricey.

My only issue with the Carl Martin (which effectively I could live with) is the need for a seperate socket. I know the Pedal power has a dedicated power out put section, which ive never used. My question is, has anybody gone down this route before (for whammys etc). I was tempted to go to maplins and see what I could find.
The other issue is, my pedal board isn't very big (effectively pedal train 1 sized). My head tells me I shouldn't coil the spare power cable for the carl martin underneath the board. Especially if I bought an extension cable to power the carl martin from the pedal power.

I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom