SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Tone King Gremlin

JeebasJeebas Frets: 105
edited March 2019 in Amps £
Just bought a new Tone King Gremlin from Coda last month but I haven't really used it as I find I prefer a Marshall / Vox-voiced amp these days.

The Gremlin is boxed in brand new condition and actually much louder than I expected (although it does have the Ironman II attenuator). £1050 PPG SOLD

Here's the spec and some pics:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JeebasJeebas Frets: 105
    Bump.
    Bump
  • brucegillbrucegill Frets: 714
    Great little amp. You can play with various valves in these too with no bias issues. Good luck with you sale. 
    Cheers Bruce! It's a great amp, hard to go wrong with Tone King. 
  • CastroCastro Frets: 512
    @brucegill mentioned that you could play with various valves. Which power valves will it take?
  • brucegillbrucegill Frets: 714
    Castro said:
    @brucegill mentioned that you could play with various valves. Which power valves will it take?

here you go:
    http://www.toneking.com/images/GremlinManual-Final12-29-2017.pdf

"Alternate Tube Choices You May Want to Try
    Reducing Gain: If you find the preamp too gainy, and you find that you’re setting the volume controls down quite low to get sufficient clean headroom, you may want to try swapping in a 5751, 12AT7, 12AY7 or even 12AU7 in the V1 position.

Replacing Output Tubes
    The output stage of the Gremlin is fully cathode biased, and no bias adjustment is necessary when changing output tubes. The design of the Gremlin’s output stage allows a fair amount of margin for variation in tube characteristics, so any known brand of KT66 can be installed, and will work properly and be appropriately self-biased. Other popular power amp tubes such as 6V6, 6L6, EL34, 6550 or KT88 or others for example can also be substituted."

HTH
    Bruce
    I've only tried a NOS EL34 as an alternative to the KT66 so far but it sounded fantastic.
    Sold.