Pretty bloody stoked for my mucker Chris from Rift Amps

What's Hot
ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6188
in Amps tFB Trader
Yup.... @RiftAmps are now stocked in Andertons, this video tells you all you need to know tbh.... but I shall gesticulate anyway...

super high quality parts, really well built and can stand toe to toe with the best and brightest in the amp world.... if you want a quality amp, head to Andertons and smash your guitar lead into a Rift. Oh and he's a smashing chap to boot. 

Im really pleased for Rift, Chris works hard to deliver a great product and he deserves this level of recognition and more...

Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17630
    tFB Trader
    I must say the initial jam is probably the best sound I've heard from an Andertons demo.

I'm guessing @ThorpyFX ; would say it's the Dane :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6188
    tFB Trader
    I must say the initial jam is probably the best sound I've heard from an Andertons demo.

I'm guessing @ThorpyFX ; would say it's the Dane :)
    hahahahahaha well of course
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Blimey! I've not watched an Anderton's video for a while, I tend to avoid them these days...but:

Awesome sounding amps, and proper playing made that a thoroughly enjoyable one.

I'm gonna have to check down the back of the sofa and see if I can scrape a couple of grand together! 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11878
    Did you get a commission? ;)
    tFB Trader
    50p
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    A massive congratulations to Chris. An absolute gentleman and an amazing amp builder. 

Now, excuse me... I’m off to the black market with a kidney. There’s a PR18 out there with my name on it!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    ThorpyFX said:
    50p
    3,999 more endorsements and you'll be able to afford one for yourself :-)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3170
    tFB Trader
    Oooohh errrr, don't know what to say...

Thanks, everyone, it feels pretty cool to beat the 66% failure rate for startups in their first 5 years, it's been a long old slog to get here and hopefully Andertons can take the sales pressure away from me so I can focus on the product design and mnfr.

If you've bought an amp from me in the past I owe you a double thank you, I've pretty much reinvested every penny that I've earned back into the business rather than take out loans/ods etc so every amp sold has helped me grow much more than you might think.

Might finally be able to buy a new pair of jeans now :)
    *I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 11reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Great news, congrats!
  • Great sounding amps. Do they do anything high gain?
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    Great news and good job Chris. 

Running a business is incredibly difficult especially in a market like this where it's easy to be forgotten whenever the next big thing comes along. 
  • kt66kt66 Frets: 315
    Shame Anderton's aren't stocking the little 5w combo 
  • robmac5150robmac5150 Frets: 178
    RiftAmps said:
    Oooohh errrr, don't know what to say...

Thanks, everyone, it feels pretty cool to beat the 66% failure rate for startups in their first 5 years, it's been a long old slog to get here and hopefully Andertons can take the sales pressure away from me so I can focus on the product design and mnfr.

If you've bought an amp from me in the past I owe you a double thank you, I've pretty much reinvested every penny that I've earned back into the business rather than take out loans/ods etc so every amp sold has helped me grow much more than you might think.

Might finally be able to buy a new pair of jeans now :)
    I have a nearly new pair of Levi's I'd probably consider trying for a Vibro 35? ;-) Good to hear a UK success story
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3170
    tFB Trader
    kt66 said:
    Shame Anderton's aren't stocking the little 5w combo 
    They can order one for you, no problem
    *I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    Go and buy one, you know it makes sense :) and after the reaction to the Aynsley Lister model at the show and the extended go on the 1x12 Combo version  at Rift HQ i find it hard to recommend an Amp more.
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10237
    edited March 2019
    I would love one of these, but I’m so burnt out and tired of buying multi channel (even single channel) amps and being disappointed with the gain. It’s always too flubby when you get the thing going, with bass being thrown all over the place!

I just want a single channel combo with a gain control to push the amp into a great edge of breakup, with around 20w-30w like a deluxe reverb for decent headroom that I can use for a pedal platform. (Effects Loop would be excellent too!)

@RiftAmps have you got anything like that?

I’ve bought Friedman, Carol Ann, Marshall and the DRRI is the one I always go back to. 
  • SidNewtonSidNewton Frets: 660
    I watched this yesterday. I want a PR35.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6391
    Agree with the video comments the opening jam is tasty.

Well I'm hooked !   Loving Danish Pete's PR35 sound. I have more bloody amp GAS ....

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    I would love one of these, but I’m so burnt out and tired of buying multi channel (even single channel) amps and being disappointed with the gain. It’s always too flubby when you get the thing going, with bass being thrown all over the place!

I just want a single channel combo with a gain control to push the amp into a great edge of breakup, with around 20w-30w like a deluxe reverb for decent headroom that I can use for a pedal platform. (Effects Loop would be excellent too!)

@RiftAmps have you got anything like that?

I’ve bought Friedman, Carol Ann, Marshall and the DRRI is the one I always go back to. 
    Yeah.... I think I am in the same boat as you. I’m a massive British amp distortion fan but Marshall ain’t doing it for me these days.....

so with the same brief brief as you, I’ve actually ordered the ainsley signature amp.... it ticks all of your boxes and tbh, I had no choice the ducking thing has been haunting me since I first heard it finished. 

trust me, ainsley is a fussy bugger with amps so if suits him then it’ll suit anyone 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    Those are some of the nicest amps I've heard in a while, and good to see a decent video doing them justice.  If I had the dosh...(sigh).  Maybe my premium bonds will come up next week.  :/
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)