Queen in Montreal Blu-ray

SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
Have just watched this with the commentary track  (Brian May  and Roger Taylor) turned on.
Fascinating stuff.
The first thing I noticed is the stunning picture quality (compared with what I remember). Brian and Roger are talking about this from the start. It was filmed in what they describe as "a portable version of IMAX" but for some reason the earlier releases did not benefit from the very high quality source material. There are also several mentions of the intrusive nature of  the film crew, and the bulk of the cameras. And the irritation/anger that this caused the band. Anger which gave us slightly faster versions of several songs - they said.
Brian says that he still has the Telecaster which toured the world with him  to be  used on one song only. But they do not have the Telecaster that Freddie sometimes used because it was stolen. And they have no idea what happened to the acoustic that FM plays on Crazy Little Thing Called Love.

I would not  call myself a Queen fan (even though I saw them at their peak with my jaw on the floor from start to finish). But when the disc finished, I watched it all  again with the full fat audio (no commentary). I think I get it.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• NunogilbertoNunogilberto Frets: 1679
    Sounds cool. That live record is one of Queen’s best I think. Knocks spots off Queen On Fire from round about the same time.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom