Family music jams etc.

RockerRocker Frets: 4982
When my extended family get together, we always end up playing music.  Lots of kit and various instruments - the problem is vocals!  Or rather vocal 'loudness'.

A friend has promised to give me a Vox combo amp.  No idea of the model but it is small and I think it has a single input jack.  The plan is to get a cheap microphone from Thomann but I see that Thomann have packs of three microphones (very cheap) and a mixer for around €50 give or take.  All told, the mics and mixer for a bit less than €100.  Including postage charges.  Good enough for our requirements.

I presume this will work, sound quality or loudness is not an issue.  Loud enough to be heard over bass, guitar, drums etc.  The cheapskate in me wonders if I fit four jack sockets in a box, wire them all in parallel and plug the microphones into three sockets and a standard guitar cable from the fourth to the amp - would this work? 

Thanks. 
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I would just get an Alto powered speaker, a mic and a cable. If you need reverb or anything, get a second hand TC or Boss vocal pedal to sit between them. 

Stick the speaker up somewhere high and you'll be fine. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom