The IT police have moved in

What's Hot
RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
edited March 2019 in Off Topic

Our company IT police have now blocked images being displayed on this forum when I access via work computer. You can now post any pics you like and I won't be able to see them, and I can't access Imgur anymore from work so can't load pics from here.

You can post your dick pics or "RandallFlagg is a w*nker" memes as much as you like and I will be oblivious until I get home. It's only a matter of time before they shut down my access completely, which I'm sure will delight some of you.

In fact, they are probably monitoring this message as I type it. Mr Smith and the suits will be arriving at my office soon, has anyone got a flip phone hot line to Morpheus? Is it the blue pill or red pill I take, I can't remember?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33796
    Should you be working instead?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 17reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Imgur was blocked at my work for a long time, because they allow a lot of nsfw images.

However, I have a laptop, and a VPN!  Happy days.

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11448
    edited March 2019

Our company IT police have now blocked images being displayed on this forum when I access via work computer. You can now post any pics you like and I won't be able to see them, and I can't access Imgur anymore from work so can't load pics from here.

You can post your dick pics or "RandallFlagg is a w*nker" memes as much as you like and I will be oblivious until I get home. It's only a matter of time before they shut down my access completely, which I'm sure will delight some of you.

In fact, they are probably monitoring this message as I type it. Mr Smith and the suits will be arriving at my office soon, has anyone got a flip phone hot line to Morpheus? Is it the blue pill or red pill I take, I can't remember?

Pictures have always been blocked at my work.  If there is a thread I know to be be pic heavy, then I tend to leave it for the evening.

I've never had this forum blocked, but I've had some TGP pages blocked (for adult content if I remember correctly).

I must say I would be happier if some rules were put in place for language on here.  It's probably only a matter of time before this place does get blocked.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MayneheadMaynehead Frets: 1782
    Yep, I've always been blocked... It's really frustrating seeing all these "NGD" threads pop up and everyone commenting on them, and you have no idea what they're talking about!
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    edited March 2019
     octatonic said:
    Should you be working instead?
    I can multitask

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    crunchman said:

I've never had this forum blocked, but I've had some TGP pages blocked (for adult content if I remember correctly).

Ironically, TGP doesn't allow access if you use a VPN
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4918
    Well, you could always use 4G on your phone.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26580
    Good job you can't see this, then...

<space for hire>
    2v5pxj.jpg 84.6K
    13reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 2019
    @digitalscream err...I can see that...where the hell did you get that pic of my wife?

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26580
    edited March 2019
    @digitalscream err...I can see that...where the hell did you get that pic of my wife?
    Hehe D

Image uploads here are limited to modmins (and your IT folk aren't blocking images hosted on our server).

However...that won't always be the case
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3672
    joeyowen said:
    crunchman said:

Ironically, TGP doesn't allow access if you use a VPN
    That depends where the exit point of your VPN is. TGP appears to block UK nodes, but if I set it to a US exit point then TGP works fine.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    I'm the only person at work with a mac, which is lovely as I control admin rights etc. I've set my browser to keep no history at all just in case anyone comes looking. I dip in here a few times a day, but never for long, just quick wee breaks here and there. I often skip lunch and stay late so I'm not really taking liberties with my time.
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2429
    prowla said:
    Exactly. If IT are blocking images and you have a desperate need to see them use your phone. Or use your phone anyway so they don't know what you are browsing when you should be working.
    Jimbro66 said:
    prowla said:
    Exactly. If IT are blocking images and you have a desperate need to see them use your phone. Or use your phone anyway so they don't know what you are browsing when you should be working.

It's a work phone that comes with it's own restrictions, poxy iPhone 6 that has a battery life of approximately 6 minutes and 23 seconds. Also, Agent Smith has installed some kind of control apps that limit it's use. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    Jimbro66 said:
    prowla said:

It's a work phone that comes with it's own restrictions, poxy iPhone 6 that has a battery life of approximately 6 minutes and 23 seconds. Also, Agent Smith has installed some kind of control apps that limit it's use. 

Ultimately, Neo defeated Agent Smith.

Though <spoilers for 15yr old movie>

.... he did die in the process...

You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • Simon_MSimon_M Frets: 542
    darthed1981 said:

YOU MOTHERFUCKER!!!  :o
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    No Probs - we will attach the pic link in the text so you can download the image and view offline...

https://imgc.allpostersimages.com/img/print/u-g-F3M3MV0.jpg?w=550&h=550&p=0

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Jimbro66 said:
    prowla said:

Sounds a bit draconian. Where do you work, GCHQ?
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12354
    Jimbro66 said:
    prowla said:

Technically Neo couldn't defeat Smith so chose to lose the fight because he could exercise free will and Smith couldn't, thus plugging Smith back into the matrix enabling the matrix to delete him, but that maybe overly picky : )