SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD! Fender 'Evil' Twin

What's Hot
skayskay Frets: 394
edited May 2014 in Amps £
Due to the buyer pulling out of the deal, my Fender Twin is back up for sale at the same bargain price of £350!!!

This is a Fender '94 Twin amplifier (aka the Evil Twin) with 3 channels: a 'Clean', 'Gain' added to the clean and the 'Hot-rodded' overdrive channel, which are all foot-switchable with the supplied 3-button foot-switch as shown. It has a 1/4 power reduction switch to make the volume more manageable.

Below is a link to an online version of the owner's manual supplied, so this should hopefully answer any technical questions you may have about this amplifier:

I bought this amp new in 1996 and have looked after it; the only issue it had was the gain channel was jammed to maximum, but that has been fixed by Steve's Amps in Surrey and he said he would vouch for the amplifier if required. The only sign of wear is a slightly damaged volume knob (you can just about see the dented silver edge if you zoom in) but it does not affect the functioning or the travel of this control.

Amp comes with the original 3-button foot-switch, 4 x castors, original hang-tags (for that nostalgic touch) and the owner's manual with printed schematic as shown, no amp cover as it didn't come with one. So once again I am only asking £350 cash on collection, so come and get yourself a made in USA 100w classic tube amp for very little money!

I am based in South East London and would prefer this to be collected as due to the weight (77lbs/35kg) it would be a nightmare to courier I imagine. I can meet up at a reasonable distance to exchange the amp, further distances could be agreed for a small charge to cover petrol, drop me an email and we'll see if we can sort something out.
imageimage
imageimage

With so many comparison web sites out there, how do I choose the best one?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TravisthedogTravisthedog Frets: 1847
    Those are stupendously good amps but I thought the "evil" twins were the red knob ones?
  • skayskay Frets: 394
    If you mean the red knob ones were 'Evil' as in bad, yeah maybe, but the 'Evil Twin' moniker was for this particular version.

I've seen so many mislabelled Fender Twin adverts that someone who is looking to purchase a particular version could easily become disorientated, but to be clear the one i'm selling was introduced in 1994, which is 'the Evil twin.

• Pete24vPete24v Frets: 235
    Depends on who you talk too, or where you search.. Put Evil Twin into Google and the first 3 pages and first image is the Red Knob version.

I believe the amp here is from the Protube series, great amp's, and at £400 it's an absolute bargain!!

• stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7158
    I had a red knobbed Twin. It was evil, loud and heavy.
    Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 
  • ParkerParker Frets: 960
    edited April 2014

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the red knob is the Evil Twin as the black face was the next incarnation that went back more to the original design. I'm no Fender amp expert though!

Have a bump for a bargain amp either way!

• OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1673
    The band I was in toured in support of Steve Cropper & The Animals last year. 

A Red Knob Twin is the only amp Cropper will use! That's quite an endorsement.

Rob.
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    edited April 2014
    skay said:
    If you mean the red knob ones were 'Evil' as in bad, yeah maybe, but the 'Evil Twin' moniker was for this particular version.

I've seen so many mislabelled Fender Twin adverts that someone who is looking to purchase a particular version could easily become disorientated, but to be clear the one i'm selling was introduced in 1994, which is 'the Evil twin.

I own that amp you are selling and I own The Twin which is the evil twin.

The evil twin was traditionally know to have red knobs but it changed to black knobs in the early 90s. The Twin (evil) model has different dials (non witch hat) it doesnt have the gain boost on the clean channel and it comes with a 2 switch foot pedal. 
    Other differences include the dials themselves. On the Twin (evil) nearly every dial is push/pull to give you a boost or a cut option to the sound. Twin amp only has a bright push/pull and one on the volume to change the channel manually

The amp on sale here was an one year only run in 1994 Twin Amp. It is quite a bit lighter than "The Twin" (at the very minimum 5kg lighter) and it has the leg/arm rests on the side that "Thew Twin" does not. 

Its a good amp and at £400 its a steal. I just paid £500 for one. If I had the room I would probably grab this too. 

GLWTS
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • geepers0677geepers0677 Frets: 119
    £400 is a good price - got £400 for mine last year exactly the same amp - lovely. Heavy though!

Thanks guys,

This amp is priced to sell, as £400 for an amp like this in good condition is a fair price to pay IMHO.

It's for sale on Gumtree as well, so I might be saying goodbye to an old friend very soon...

• DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2169
    See I never looked into the actual weight of a Twin. Just got sucked into folklore of them being heavy. They weigh the same as a Marshall TSL100 2X12 Combo. I figured that was heavy and it is, around 35kg. But I was half expecting a Twin to be 60kg.

If I wasn't as weak as piss, I'd consider it. I used to carry a TSL up four flights of stairs!
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319
    Pah, lighter than my 1x15" Trace bass combo. Bloody guitarists ;)
    Yep you're right chaps, the owner's manual states 77lbs (35kg) for this Twin Amp, so not as heavy as some seem to suggest, plus it does come with castors as well :-)

Bump for PRICE DROP!!!

• GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7184

pretty sure its lighter than my Blackstar Artisan 30.... herniate every time I pick that up. Also, this is a bloody steal at £350.

• IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319
    If I was closer I'd have it just for the sake of owning a Twin...
    To answer a couple of people's questions, including @Parker , I live in Greenwich, South East London, just off the A2 and Shooters Hill road. It's 30 miles from Gatwick taking the M23 or 40 miles on the M25 according to Google Maps.

• frankusfrankus Frets: 4719

IanSavage said:
    If I was closer I'd have it just for the sake of owning a Twin...
    shutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutup

I've got a 74 Twin but looking at that I'm wondering about selling my Cornell Romany to buy that! Crazy price ... I'm looking forward to the time when I can regret not buying it.
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    If there's any confusion over what model of Twin this amp is, or what special features it has over other models, I just found this on the internet. It's exactly what my Owner's Manual says, so this should answer any technical questions:

Thanks for looking,

Steven

• lamf68lamf68 Frets: 851

Steven, PM sent mate.Rich

Going, going, gone... SOLD to that man above :-)