Sonicake Rockstage - now arrived - Just awesome!!!

What's Hot
VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
edited March 2019 in FX
Hi folks.  Anyone tried one of these? Came across some vids by accident and these things sound blindingly good.  For not much dosh you get four great effects plus a cab sim. Solid aluminium construction, really small and light.

I love the idea of a simple 4 fx pedal board that's easy to tweak.  

But are these any good 'in the flesh'?

I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Shame it's got a chorus section.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    Sassafras said:
    Shame it's got a chorus section.
    But it's one of the four most essential effects! Sonicake say so. 

A few years ago I'd probably assumed this was crap but technology ever advances so maybe it's perfectly useable. Certainly gets positive reviews on amazon. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    edited March 2019
    For those that don't like chorus, there's a twiggy blues version with compressor, reverb, delay and overdrive (with an extra built in fifth fx at no extra cost called ....NO CHORUS ).  And for metalheads there's also a third version called 'blackhammer' (delay, chorus, hi-gain, and boost).  So, seems like they have something that should appeal to most players. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31589
    edited March 2019
    I have a Sonicake Twiggy Blues and I love it. It's more like a dark verion of a tweed-type mild breakup than you might expect, great for rootsy Americana stuff, and the compressor is excellent. 
    If you're expecting SRV you'll be very disappointed, it's like an instant 50s tone straight into a PA, with a very good reverb and a warm slapback delay. 

It was only £58 and I'm tempted by some of the other models, though I already have a Flyrig.
  • dandldandl Frets: 36
    Having had a look at the Sonicake website after reading your thread i just noticed they have a 40% discount on for the next few days. Looks like it brings it down to a touch over £49 and free shipping too! Just thought i'd give you a a quick heads up :) 
    edited March 2019
    dandl said:
    Having had a look at the Sonicake website after reading your thread i just noticed they have a 40% discount on for the next few days. Looks like it brings it down to a touch over £49 and free shipping too! Just thought i'd give you a a quick heads up  
    Thanks Dandl     But not necessarily best to order via their website for us folk in the UK - when you go to checkout it converts to US$ so there's a currency conversion cost/risk and as these come direct from China delivery takes longer and there will be some UK import duty too - which is why Sonicake are also selling on EBay from their UK 'depot' (West Aldridge, Walsall) for £54 (fluctuates with £ strength, it was £56 yesterday).  Ordering that way means faster delivery (as its already in the UK), the UK pound price is fixed, custom import duties have been paid, & you can select the UK 3-pin plug instead of the EU/US 2-pin.  (But I've dropped them a line just to double-check my understanding).
    Deed is done...bought one for £54. Should get it next week.  ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 2019
    So, ordered pm on Saturday 9th, arrived safe and sound today, Wed 12th, very well wrapped up ....and with a useful free 'squeezy' metal capod that works nicely too.

About the size of a bar of family size chocolate/Toblerone, solid steel case, very light, nice long power lead, proper 13 amp UK plug.  No on/off - just connect & it's 'on' - press the footswitch & twiddle the nicely lit coloured knobs ....& you're there.

First impressions: Every one of the effects sounds really good and the distortion is real Marshall crunch.  I'm absolutely chuffed - for £54 this thing is a bargain and stunningly good & could even get me through a gig if I needed.  

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17607
    tFB Trader
    This demo of the Twiggy Blues sounds great:

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 31589
    That's the one I have, it works really well straight to desk. 
  • 545454545454 Frets: 184
    I picked up a Rockstage recently to keep as a backup, and agree, it's brilliant. The effects are all really useable (nothing too extreme), and the amp section isn't as metal as i was expecting. With the gain about half way, it's a great hot-rod sound which still cleans up pretty well. Have ended up using it into a clean amp mainly and love the simplicity of the tiny little box. Nice to have the option of going direct in an emergency though.