Happy International Women's Day.

What's Hot
GassageGassage Frets: 30912

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

17reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6104
    Lol, living in a household with my wife and two daughters in their early twenties.. I just know they're gonna make me suffer today. 
    Woman, know your limits!  ;)

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9532
    I applaud this.

Let’s just hope we can get a few more women presenters on Sky Sports now. They certainly know their football, and offer some fascinating insights...

10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30912
    I applaud this.

Let’s just hope we can get a few more women presenters on Sky Sports now. They certainly know their football, and offer some fascinating insights...

Yup, and I know I speak for many when I say we need to watch more hot chicks playing sport too.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2890
    Wow,  just wow chaps, really enlightened of you.  Must feel great to be a women here on the forum.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    tone1 said:
    Now that truly is ironic.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6905
    Previously known as stevebrum
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30912
    Wow,  just wow chaps, really enlightened of you.  Must feel great to be a women here on the forum.
    True acceptance is all about being able to take the mickey without agenda. If it were a gay related thing I'd do the same and I'm gay. However, your millenial outrage is noted in spirit offered.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 15reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    I wonder if you'd all be making 'Chalky' style jokes if it was International Black People's Day.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12354
    Gassage said:
    True acceptance is all about being able to take the mickey without agenda. If it were a gay related thing I'd do the same and I'm gay. However, your millenial outrage is noted in spirit offered.
    True acceptance would mean not wanting a special day. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 4999
    Neither of them post much any more. 
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5369
    munckee said:
    Gassage said:
    At the risk of sounding like a millennial (although it would take 20 years off, so that's not so bad):

s/wanting/needing

Anyway, as get's trotted out every year, there's an International Men's Day too.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8491
    munckee said:
    It's strange how it's possible to say something that makes grammatical sense but is, in fact, nonsensical.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    This just makes my prostate ache...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2409
    I’m not sure they thought it through. Surely International Women’s Day implies all other days are for men?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    edited March 2019
    You miserable bastards .. I' had a great time and joined in with a few mates .. you don't know what you missed .. :-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72321
    Reverend said:
    Neither of them post much any more. 
    I'm not actually sure that the lack of women here (although there may be more than you think...) has much to do with casual sexism, or more because talking about guitars, amps and pedals online is just so *boring*.

You don't see too many women discussing the merits of steam locomotives or vintage lawnmowers on forums either, although I don't doubt there are a few. But for the avoidance of doubt, I am actually a man...

:)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    ICBM said:

I'm not actually sure that the lack of women here (although there may be more than you think...) has much to do with casual sexism, or more because talking about guitars, amps and pedals online is just so *boring*.

I think it has more to do with forumites thinking they're cool musos when in reality the average forumite is more like this ...

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8491
    beed84 said:
    I’m not sure they thought it through. Surely International Women’s Day implies all other days are for men?
    The existence of International Men's Day (19th November) for the last 20 years or so blows a hole in that line of reasoning.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom