DPD - Appalling... Truly Truly Appalling

What's Hot

Comments

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9533
    And despite the ‘Make It Right’ Team, Senior Executive and Chief Executive being involved... the parcel is still arriving Monday.

Same as it ever was...

Completely impotent company with poor culture...
    Redelivery is always Monday to Friday. 
    Ah well you see, it was promised for Saturday by the excellent Make It Right Team...

... you just gotta laugh
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MonkeyboneMonkeybone Frets: 261
    And despite the ‘Make It Right’ Team, Senior Executive and Chief Executive being involved... the parcel is still arriving Monday.

Same as it ever was...

Ah well you see, it was promised for Saturday by the excellent Make It Right Team...

... you just gotta laugh
    I have to be honest, I had no idea there was a "Make it Right" team. There is so little communication between us grunts and the higher ups. 

My band - Crimson on Silver  For sale - Blackstar HT-5S

Gear - Guitars, amps, effects and shizz. Edited for Phil_aka_Pip, who is allergic to big long lists.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10208

Same as it ever was...

... you just gotta laugh
    I have to be honest, I had no idea there was a "Make it Right" team. There is so little communication between us grunts and the higher ups. 

There’s this nice American fella works in the customer service desk at my local depot. New Yorker. You can imagine how he speaks about the whole thing. If you’re thinking it, that’s probably it lol. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BlaendulaisBlaendulais Frets: 3319
    jeztone2 said:
    Someone at the DPD depot in Southall tried to steal my PRS when it was delivered. Then a Camera lens went AWOL. Fortunately the guy I’ve got now is ace. But I think the is the whole pay peanuts, get monkeys scenario. 
    Thats offensive to monkeys

• MonkeyboneMonkeybone Frets: 261
    jeztone2 said:
    Someone at the DPD depot in Southall tried to steal my PRS when it was delivered. Then a Camera lens went AWOL. Fortunately the guy I’ve got now is ace. But I think the is the whole pay peanuts, get monkeys scenario. 
    Thats offensive to monkeys

I guess my name on here is appropriate in this case... 

My band - Crimson on Silver  For sale - Blackstar HT-5S

Gear - Guitars, amps, effects and shizz. Edited for Phil_aka_Pip, who is allergic to big long lists.

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @Monkeybone - I appreciate your comments mate, and for tasing your head above the parapet, so to speak...

Latest update - so much fun this...

I've been out with the lovely Mrs Meister to Birmingham... on the way back, popped into DPD at Oldbury. Remember, no interaction with a human being allowed, so I went into the plush waiting room, pressed the button on the phone and spoke to a young lady.

I was very gentle, calm and considered and out of respect, I told her right from the onset I was a little non-plussed and that the Chief Executive was involved with this parcel.

I was informed that I had to pre-book "early Friday afternoon" for collection from the Depot (even though the Parcel was due 16.35 - 17.35). I again calmly explained the situation, and she couldn't have given less of a shit. Again, I gave her a chance - but she was completely indifferent.

Me ? If I had a guy there who was dealing with my Chief Exec, I think I would've shown a wee bit more interest and courtesy.

Needless to say, Im back home without the parcel.

What a complete and utter waste of space this company is. 
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WonkyWonky Frets: 188
    @Monkeybone - I appreciate your comments mate, and for tasing your head above the parapet, so to speak...

Latest update - so much fun this...

I've been out with the lovely Mrs Meister to Birmingham... on the way back, popped into DPD at Oldbury. Remember, no interaction with a human being allowed, so I went into the plush waiting room, pressed the button on the phone and spoke to a young lady.

I was very gentle, calm and considered and out of respect, I told her right from the onset I was a little non-plussed and that the Chief Executive was involved with this parcel.

I was informed that I had to pre-book "early Friday afternoon" for collection from the Depot (even though the Parcel was due 16.35 - 17.35). I again calmly explained the situation, and she couldn't have given less of a shit. Again, I gave her a chance - but she was completely indifferent.

Me ? If I had a guy there who was dealing with my Chief Exec, I think I would've shown a wee bit more interest and courtesy.

Needless to say, Im back home without the parcel.

What a complete and utter waste of space this company is. 
    Shocking!  What a way to run a business.
    I honestly think the high street is dead and that couriers are the future of that business.  With that in mind, what a way to run a business.  No eye to the future.  Just a F£&k you attitude. 
    What Monkeybone wrote was interesting.  Great to see a genuine, hard working employee, as is my experience with DPD, but without backing from higher up, it's truly F£$ked.  
    Ok, here is part of the email sent to me this morning...

"Warren, sorry that the driver driver went to the wrong address.  He seems to have gone to Boundary Crescent for some unknown reason.  I have raised a complaint and passed feedback to the depot management to have this investigated further.

Your parcel has an eta of today, Saturday 9th.  I have added the instruction for the driver to call you should there be any issues with the delivery today.

Apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Best wishes,
    DPD"

Utter lies and fantasy...
  • dcgdcg Frets: 230
    I concur with all the issues that @Wazmeister and FB colleagues have flagged about DPD; if anyone does get good service from this company, I believe they're the exceptions.  DPD has poor customer relations, and sadly they're sometimes untruthful about 'deliveries', non-carding us being something they're particularly guilty of.  
    I have one suggestion only, which is that if we collectively lobbied Andertons (for whom DPD do all/many of their deliveries) and persuaded them to stop using DPD, this might persuade this rather awful company to step up to the plate and actually deliver when and where they're paid to do... 
    dcg said:
    I concur with all the issues that @Wazmeister and FB colleagues have flagged about DPD; if anyone does get good service from this company, I believe they're the exceptions.  DPD has poor customer relations, and sadly they're sometimes untruthful about 'deliveries', non-carding us being something they're particularly guilty of.  
    I have one suggestion only, which is that if we collectively lobbied Andertons (for whom DPD do all/many of their deliveries) and persuaded them to stop using DPD, this might persuade this rather awful company to step up to the plate and actually deliver when and where they're paid to do... 
    I'll be lobbying them ALL next week
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6060
    My experience is that it's mostly down to who your local delivery person is. I've always had great service from DPD, even though delivering to me is difficult as there is no parking in my immediate area.

DX couriers on the other hand delivered my new passport to the wrong address. It took three weeks to resolve. If you think a delayed pedal is stressful, imagine having a new passport out in the wild!
  • steveledzepsteveledzep Frets: 1174
    I have had excellent service from DPD, Hermes, Yodel, ParcelForce, UPS etc.

I live in a rural village of 30 properties or so and others here have had good service in villages too.  Seems to be a common denominator.
    edited March 2019
    As a bit of light relief, Virgin have been this week to repair my Broadband... this is how they left it...

Not a bad job really...

(it never rains...)

3reaction image LOL 12reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    edited March 2019
    I live in Liverpool City Centre and DPD are usually ok *as long as they don't try to buy themselves an extra 24 hours and get the retailer to join in lying and tell you that ..."It wasn't collected in the first run and the van didn't come back for the second collection..."

I'm going to order something from Andertons next week and that'll probably end up being DPD.
    See what happens eh?

I hope this gets resolved for you Warren.
    I'd be spitting fire if I'd been lied to and wound up like that.

* For absolute clarity, it was NOT Andertons that tried to lie about the delivery after *they* spoke to DPD, not me.
    Andertons have always been amazing with customer service, despite them using DPD among other couriers.
  • GarpGarp Frets: 209
    This is my experience with DPD:

When I eventually got through to someone on 21st December (after about 30 mins) at the Oldbury depot I was told (by a very apologetic chap) that they were "in a bit of a mess" and weren't sure where my parcel was. Clearly - as it was delivered about an hour after the "We were unable to deliver your parcel" email.

At least it arrived.
    Eventually,

It's only got five strings... and three of them are G.
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StuartMac290StuartMac290 Frets: 1465
    DPD are by far the best up here. UPS are very hit and miss (once delivered a Gretsch I'd sold to a wrong address about a mile away from the right one and claimed that constituted an acceptable delivery).

TNT once delivered a £10,000 hard disc recorder to an address 250 miles away from its destination. That was a fun ten days waiting for them to track it down
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5370
    In back-handed defence of DPD, all couriers are the same. General quality varies area to area, based on the local team and often on how much of a turnstile recruitment is. It also varies over time.  DPD and UK Mail both used to make my heart sink around here; now they're amongst the better ones. 

With all of them,  it's when it goes wrong that it really goes wrong. IME if it's not simple and re-delivered the next day then it becomes a painful shit show of blatant lies and broken promises,  regardless of the company. And it is almost always not the driver's fault, nor any of the people you can actually interact with.
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    edited March 2019
    To be fair, on this forum someone always has something positive or negative about any courier company/music shop/guitar brand/toaster etc

It's one of those things
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Snags said:
    In back-handed defence of DPD, all couriers are the same. General quality varies area to area, based on the local team and often on how much of a turnstile recruitment is. It also varies over time.  DPD and UK Mail both used to make my heart sink around here; now they're amongst the better ones. 

With all of them,  it's when it goes wrong that it really goes wrong. IME if it's not simple and re-delivered the next day then it becomes a painful shit show of blatant lies and broken promises,  regardless of the company. And it is almost always not the driver's fault, nor any of the people you can actually interact with.
    Spot on.

The driver is the least to blame here... it's the of DPD with its absolute indifference to the customer's needs, and the inability to speak to a real person. 

There is a deep-seated culture issue here.

Shame as the App, notifications and map updates are very good.

To be fair, on this forum someone always has something positive or negative about any courier company/music shop/guitar brand/toaster etc

It's one of those things
    With respect Jack, no. This isn't "one of those things", this is a repeated systematic failing...
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2377
    DPD are great here. Never had a problem and we get probably four deliveries a week for them for my wife's business. We've had two drivers in the lazt seven years, they work long hours and damn hard as its a rural area with crappy roads and no house numbers.They're flexible, will leave parcels when you ask. I leave notes on doors as we're not often about when they call. Always get txts and hourly slot for delivery. I guess we must be lucky. Then again we're on first name terms and we're always friendly to them. 
    I have heard horror stories with other firms though. I talked to one courier from another firm that said if he were delivering to our house we'd never get a delivery! He said if it was just a house name with no road name in a village then he wouldn't even bother wasting his time looking for us or stopping to ask passing sheep...he wasn't joking....DHL. 
    Good and bad everywhere, I feel your pain.