What's Hot
kt66kt66 Frets: 315
edited May 2019 in Guitar
3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    I think gator and mono have made some really good looking cases in recent years. The PRS SE cases are good and not just black (...well...grey and red). 

But you do have a good point
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    I’ve seen some with a flame graphic “licking up from the bottom, but they did look a bit naff
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1948
    If anyone's interested, I can draw a really graphic cock on your gig bag with tipex or permanent marker, for just £20 - Shoot me a pm.
    25reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    Schnozz said:
    If anyone's interested, I can draw a really graphic cock on your gig bag with tipex or permanent marker, for just £20 - Shoot me a pm.

Being an Arsenal supporter having a cock on my gig bag would look a bit Spurs-ish, and that wouldn't do. If you could do a cannon I'd be interested.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9533
    My Suhr one is superb, and I wish I had one for every guitar.

Id love to find one that could fit my Rickenbacker 
  • I have an ancient Stagg one thats usable, but yes its black and boring. So boring that your eyes slide off it and your brain slips into neutral.

I have a PRS one which is black and almost as boring, and a PRS SE one which is red and uninteresting without being boring. They have the potentially useful feature of hanging hooks. Trouble is if I tried to hang them in my closets they would bring down the rail.

Gigbags are practical and better at saving space, but I like cases, especially when spending a lot on a guitar.
    I sometimes think, therefore I am intermittent
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    I don't want something that will detract from my purple, yellow and green catsuit.
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9663
    edited March 2019
    My Fusion padded gigbag is a mix of black and a cobalt-ish blue. Not too flash, but to me it looks a lot better than plain boring black...

https://www.fusion-bags.com/products/urban-electric-guitar-gig-bag

(The first picture shows a back one- you’ll need to select the blue option.)
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5421
    I like cases/bags that specifically *don’t* draw attention to themselves... odds are if I see someone with a Mono gigbag the guitar inside is expensive. If it’s “Gear4Music”-branded, on the other hand, I will presume it’s a piece of junk inside...
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72339

Id love to find one that could fit my Rickenbacker 
    A Mono 335-size fits my 381. Given that I can also get a classic guitar into it (just), I would guess the Fusion classical bag will too, even if their standard electric one doesn't.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• 5redlights5redlights Frets: 317
    I once found a cock ring in a gig bag that came with a guitar (2nd hand). 

I prefer it when they're boring. 
    8reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    I got a mono case off the forum and I’m very happy with it. 
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8704
    In the context of gig bags boring can be good. Light fingered audience members are more likely to go for the interesting bags.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    edited March 2019
    It's hard to find decent gig bags without loads of zipped pockets and pouches unless paying Mono prices. 
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    I suppose a fluorescent yellow or orange gig bag might be a good idea. Harder for someone to slip away surreptitiously with it in their thieving hands.
  • Levy's do a big range I think. Different cloths and colours.
  • proggy said:
    Schnozz said:

Being an Arsenal supporter having a cock on my gig bag would look a bit Spurs-ish, and that wouldn't do. If you could do a cannon I'd be interested.

Arsenal!!!
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BowksBowks Frets: 414
    I once found a cock ring in a gig bag that came with a guitar (2nd hand). 

2nd hand cock ring or guitar?
  • BowksBowks Frets: 414
    I'd agree that the Mono and Fusion cases are designed to be both protective and aesthitically pleasing. I also remember Ritter selling a wide range of colours, including a crazy rainbow mirror finish, but they have gone back to being boring. 

Tribal Planet also used to sell gig bags with a splash of colour on them. Reminds me, I have one to sell.
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    proggy said:
    Schnozz said:

Arsenal!!!

Does it come with cannon balls?