Marathons for Macmillan

What's Hot
JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
edited May 2019 in Off Topic

Hey you crazy cats.

Each year I try to do something to raise a few quid for charity, and 2019 is shaping up to be no exception.

Marching season being upon us once more, this year I'm pushing my feeble, emaciated frame to breaking point to raise a few quid for Macmillan by tackling three marathons.  Walking, not running, being painfully aware of my own limitations.

Hopefully one or two of you will feel able help me raise funds for this worthy cause: all donations gratefully accepted no matter how modest! Cancer will affect most of us one way or another throughout our lifetimes and this is one very small way in which I can try to assist the heroic sufferers and of course their carers.

You can follow the link below to make any donations that you feel able to.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/mark-jones229

Thank you for reading my post.

Mark

Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mgawmgaw Frets: 5261
    will take a look Mark and may even donate BUT want to see pics/footage of you at the end stages:)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5261
    donation made
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    mgaw said:
    will take a look Mark and may even donate BUT want to see pics/footage of you at the end stages:)
    Be careful what you wish for.  I have several of my feet after tackling three double marathons last year, if you wish a preview...

Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    mgaw said:
    donation made
    Thank you.  Sincerely appreciated ;)
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1473
    @modmins - would be be possible to get a Fundraising Thread sticky'd for this stuff? I'm competing at Ironman Copenhagen in August, in aid of Macmillan also - but don't want to flood the forum with loads of threads unnecessarily. 
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4670
    edited March 2019
    Lots of Macmillan fundraising going on on the FB 

Good Luck @jerkmoans looks a lot harder that my Longest Day Golf Day, feel like a pussy now 
    joneve said:
    @modmins - would be be possible to get a Fundraising Thread sticky'd for this stuff? I'm competing at Ironman Copenhagen in August, in aid of Macmillan also - but don't want to flood the forum with loads of threads unnecessarily. 
    Or shall I edit this thread to ‘post your Macmillan fundraising activities here’?!
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    Lots of Macmillan fundraising going on on the FB 

Good Luck @jerkmoans looks a lot harder that my Longest Day Golf Day, feel like a pussy now 
    Nonsense. Horses for courses.

Much like a Belgian restaurant, really.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1473
    JerkMoans said:
    joneve said:
    Or shall I edit this thread to ‘post your Macmillan fundraising activities here’?!
    Haha! I don’t want to steal your thunder sir! 
    Necro bump.

Raising dosh for Macmillan. You KNOW it's a good cause.

First marathon of the season tomorrow: dig in, dig deep if you have anything to spare. We need greasy wads of BUNCE. No donation too small ;)

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/mark-jones229

Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    For anyone who cares about such things, Marathon 1 knocked on the head yesterday. Seldom has ale tasted so good.

Evidence (NSFW): https://imgur.com/a/wyUA5aA
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer