Alegree

What's Hot
monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17606
in Guitar tFB Trader
Thinking about a set of Alegree in my Strat.

Anyone got any experience of them?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• OnparOnpar Frets: 416
    I have a set in my tele and they sound frickin amazing. Up there with Fender custom shop Pickups. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7769
    edited March 2019
    I have a filter style in one guitar. Decent. Handwound but with what looks to be import parts. Doesn't have that look of better made hardware from MOJO/Creamery.
    Probably more open to custom winds than the aforementioned.
    Have used one of their unoriented V mags to nicely fatten up an alnico iv humbucker.

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12354
    Alex made me a filtertron to spec to go with my tele bridge pick up. I was really impressed with it. He is a decent guy to deal with I found. 
  • stimpsonslostsonstimpsonslostson Frets: 5418
    edited March 2019
    I had Texas Hailstorms in my strat and a loaded guard he made for me. Transformed a brittle sounding guitar to something that sounded great. If I ever go back to a strat I wouldn’t hesitate to buy from him again. Excellent service and excellent products. 
    I stupidly traded it for a Reverend that I quickly realised wasn’t half as good to play. 
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17606
    tFB Trader
    I had Texas Hailstorms in my strat and a loaded guard he made for me. Transformed a brittle sounding guitar to something that sounded great. If I ever go back to a strat I wouldn’t hesitate to buy from him again. Excellent service and excellent products. 
    I stupidly traded it for a Reverend that I quickly realised wasn’t half as good to play. 

Brilliant that's exactly what I'm planning to do.
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1373
    Had a set of his p90s. Sounded goooooood
  • I had Texas Hailstorms in my strat and a loaded guard he made for me. Transformed a brittle sounding guitar to something that sounded great. If I ever go back to a strat I wouldn’t hesitate to buy from him again. Excellent service and excellent products. 

Don’t do the last bit. ;-)
  • JohnCordyJohnCordy Frets: 650
    Yes they're great pickups! And Alex is super helpful!

tFB Trader

Don’t do the last bit. ;-)

The only Reverend I've played was really shit and the guy who had it really regretted buying it so I definitely won't!
  • GrangousierGrangousier Frets: 2631
    I have a set in a Strat and a set of filtertrons in another guitar and they both sound great (I was particularly pleased with the filtertrons). There's also a set of PAF-sized WRHBs with Feline at the moment to be assembled into a guitar, which I'm sure I'll NGD when I get it. 
    tFB Trader
    I've just ordered.

Will update with how I get on.
  • FishguyFishguy Frets: 31
    Onpar said:
    I have a set in my tele and they sound frickin amazing. Up there with Fender custom shop Pickups. 
    Which ones did you go for?
  • OnparOnpar Frets: 416
    Fishguy said:
    Onpar said:
    Cirrostratus. They were put in there by teyeplayer who put the guitar together. The neck sounds huge and the bridge has a wonderful rawness, and bites when adding gain. 

I just opted for some full montys for my new tele build. Hoping these will be just as good.
  • FishguyFishguy Frets: 31
    Onpar said:
    Fishguy said:
    Onpar said:
    Cirrostratus. They were put in there by teyeplayer who put the guitar together. The neck sounds huge and the bridge has a wonderful rawness, and bites when adding gain. 

I just opted for some full montys for my new tele build. Hoping these will be just as good.
    I've had a set of those pickups in an online shopping cart for the last couple of days. That might have been the nudge I needed. Thank you