SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Victoria 518

What's Hot
Hi all

I'm on a bit of a tweed champ collecting mission at the moment and I'm after a Victoria 518 - UK model 240V.

Has anyone on here got one that they'd like to move on?

Thanks,

James.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4259
    Get the 5112 instead. It takes up more space I hear you say? Move to a bigger house, buy smaller versions of all your other possessions to compensate, try to grow bigger yourself so the 5112 seems smaller in comparison, whatever it takes, it will all be worth it I promise you.
  • Ha, this isn't the worst idea to be honest, and I'm not completely adverse to the idea of a 512 - I don't suppose you're selling one are you?
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4259
    I used to have one, stupidly parted with it in a trade, will definitely get another at some point. I have tried the 518 also, and it is literally night and day. The 518 is nice enough, but with the size of speaker and the small cab, it is not massively different sounding from the Fender version. Whereas with the 5112, it's not just the bigger speaker, it's that full size lightly built pine cab that starts to get involved in the tone, like a hint of Reverb. Amazing amp.
  • Interesting... I obviously like the small boxish nature of an 8 inch champ, but I'd be keen to hear a 512. More bass from a champ would be a nice thing...
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6145
    tFB Trader
    Interesting... I obviously like the small boxish nature of an 8 inch champ, but I'd be keen to hear a 512. More bass from a champ would be a nice thing...
    if i were you id speak to @RiftAmps ... you will be able to get something in that mould but much more tuned to your needs.

Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sharpjimbosharpjimbo Frets: 36
    edited May 2019
    Funny you should say that Thorpy... My Tweed 5 just came back from Chris last week, he upgraded to the latest specs and gave it another coat of slightly darker lacquer. It sounds absolutely mega, I'm more than happy with it, I just fancy a Victoria to add to the collection.

I can't not include some pics of the wiring here, it's a piece of artwork as far as I'm concerned.

• sharpjimbosharpjimbo Frets: 36
    Bump! I'd also consider the 5112. There's both a 518 and a 5112 on ebay at the moment, but they're the older version and not 240V.