Small multi effect?

What's Hot
daveyhdaveyh Frets: 684
Any suggestions on a good small multi effects? Something that can be used to fill in as a single pedal if I get the urge but don’t want to buy, say an envelope filter or an auto wah. Doesn’t need a treadle but okay if it has. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994

whats your budget?

HX stomp/FX,  M5/M9
    eventide H9
    few offerings from zoom

• paulphoenixpaulphoenix Frets: 141
    edited March 2019
    The Zoom MS50 is quite highly thought of.  Small and cheap too. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    edited March 2019
    The single stomp zooms are brilliant, but the G3 is about the same price second hand and will give you many more options.

I guess it depends on how much space you have. 

...and yes, HXFX / Stomp are so good, but obviously a lot more money. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3396
    I’ve got a Mooer GE200 - could be for sale if you’re interested. It’s a cracking little unit, small footprint too.
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
  • daveyhdaveyh Frets: 684
    Budget is as small as possible, but obviously want something decent
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5142
    Line 6 M5. Shouldn't cost more than £60-70 used and can do a ton of stuff well enough for the sort of job you're talking about.

Doesn't come with a treadle pedal but can do enough extra stuff with one to justify getting one. The M-Audio EX-P costs £14 and can be modded to work with the M5.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• Zoom Ms-70CDR

Size of a single stompbox, with just about every modulation, delay and reverb you can think of. I have two on my main board which at various points I use for Tremolo, Chorus, Leslie, Reverse reverb 

The quality of each effect varies and they probably aren't studio quality, but live it is an invaluable piece of kit just as it is for home use.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • alvynmcqalvynmcq Frets: 11
    I got a Zoom G1on from amazon last week for £37. It comes with tons of effects, has amp models if you need them, a 30 second looper and drum patterns built in. It is hard to beat for so little money
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • alvynmcq said:
    I got a Zoom G1on from amazon last week for £37. It comes with tons of effects, has amp models if you need them, a 30 second looper and drum patterns built in. It is hard to beat for so little money
    I'll second this one. It's got some great features. Plus plugging it into your PC or Laptop and going on to the ToneLib community forum you can download presets and patches other people have made
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • steersteer Frets: 1188
    Any Zoom Multistomp - MS100bt, MS50 or the MS70CDR.

I would not be without mine. 
  • jellybellyjellybelly Frets: 755
    steer said:
    Any Zoom Multistomp - MS100bt, MS50 or the MS70CDR.

I would not be without mine. 
    Came here to say this - MS50g is the best £70 I’ve ever spent. Some drives and boosts are actually really good, the tremolo is awesome and the delays and reverbs are great. Do it!!
  • alvynmcqalvynmcq Frets: 11
    The G1 has the same effects as the multistomp and is slightly cheaper. Not sure if that's an issue though 
    edited March 2019
    alvynmcq said:
    The G1 has the same effects as the multistomp and is slightly cheaper. Not sure if that's an issue though 
    I don’t think any other pedal in the Zoom line - the MS70CDR or G5X included - have as many effects as the MS50g and MS100BT which have every single one bar a solitary specific delay from the 70. The G line don’t have a lot of the special effects (like those modelled on Strymon, Eventide etc). I was gutted when I saw the G3 didn’t have everything the 50g did else i’d have one!!
  • alvynmcq said:
    I don’t think any other pedal in the Zoom line - the MS70CDR or G5X included - have as many effects as the MS50g and MS100BT which have every single one bar a solitary specific delay from the 70. The G line don’t have a lot of the special effects (like those modelled on Strymon, Eventide etc). I was gutted when I saw the G3 didn’t have everything the 50g did else i’d have one!!
    I've got both the 50 and the 70, and although you're right, the disadvantage with the 50 is its processing power puts a limit on the number of effects you can use together (especially the processor intensive ones like the fancy delays). If you want a complex patch and you don't mind missing the drives and amps, the 70 is better.

But the 50 is the single pedal I'm using when I next play live...
  • SlimbertSlimbert Frets: 336
    If you don't need to stack effects then the Line 6 M5 is great value. I still use some of the legacy effects from that in my Helix patches.
    edited March 2019
    alvynmcq said:
    I've got both the 50 and the 70, and although you're right, the disadvantage with the 50 is its processing power puts a limit on the number of effects you can use together (especially the processor intensive ones like the fancy delays). If you want a complex patch and you don't mind missing the drives and amps, the 70 is better.

But the 50 is the single pedal I'm using when I next play live...
    I believed they were both 6 max simultaneously, with some of the amp models and weirder delays/HD verbs taking up more than one slot. I haven’t seen anything to the contrary - the 50 just appears to be the same hardware (minus stereo input) as the 70 and the 100 (minus the Bluetooth receiver) - the idea it was a lesser product came down to artificial restrictions on which effects were included, which is no longer a limitation. 

I trialed the 50 and 70 together and they sounded identical, and were identically priced, so the 50 was a no brainer.  I’m happy to be proven wrong on any count though!

• I believed they were both 6 max simultaneously, with some of the amp models and weirder delays/HD verbs taking up more than one slot. I haven’t seen anything to the contrary - the 50 just appears to be the same hardware (minus stereo input) as the 70 and the 100 (minus the Bluetooth receiver) - the idea it was a lesser product came down to artificial restrictions on which effects were included, which is no longer a limitation. 

I trialed the 50 and 70 together and they sounded identical, and were identically priced, so the 50 was a no brainer.  I’m happy to be proven wrong on any count though!
    Yes, they both have 6 slots. But you can't fill all of those slots if you're using processor-intensive effects. I can't remember exactly which, but I think it was the Sweet Drive I had to give up on in a patch which also had the EP3 effect.

Whether the 70CDR has more processing power or not has been debated. As has the question of whether the effects which are now available for the 50G (and bear in mind you can't load all of them into the unit) are of equal quality. You may be right, and it may just have been people assuming the 50G was not as good because it was the same price yet had more effects.

Personally, as I mentioned, I use the 50G. The 70CDR does have stereo inputs, though.