Just sent 2 texts to the better half

What's Hot
Nuff said really

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5162
    They are good, aren't they?

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• They are good, aren't they?
    I'm going to be pinging off the walls tonight with the testing. Just enjoying another cup now via inverted method. Lovely it is and I only have Lavazza Oro in the house which I quite like tbf.

Going to get a Hasbean order in methinks 
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9585
    Id just point out to her, she has spelt ‘your’ incorrectly...

Taking the moral high ground always brings interesting results out of them...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5403
    ^^ Ha! Classic grammar correction petard issue :)
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11619
    tFB Trader

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7788
    edited March 2019
    Bang on with Lavazza. I find it's the only thing that works properly in an Aeropress due to being very finely ground. 
    I'd recommend a blend of 30% Crema e Gusto with either Ora or Rosso.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4725

Lavazza is strong, which is good,  but there are much better coffee’s for decent flavour.  Some nicely roasted beans, get a grinder so that you can grind to whatever size works best and it really makes the most of the aeropress.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6142
    I don't like coffee B)
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8741
    equalsql said:
    I don't like coffee B)
    Not a thread for you then. 

Personally I do like coffee, and I like the principle of an Aeropress, but the coffee often tastes bland to my palate.

Id just point out to her, she has spelt ‘your’ incorrectly...
    Don’t you hate it when spellcheck scrambles your speelong and grumpier?
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • 12g coffee, 200g water off the boil, then press out after a few minutes.

It cools too fast to overextract so you get a lovely cafetiere style coffee without the bits. 

Obviously, grind your own beans for best results :D really delicious. 
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1385

Lavazza is strong, which is good,  but there are much better coffee’s for decent flavour.  Some nicely roasted beans, get a grinder so that you can grind to whatever size works best and it really makes the most of the aeropress.
    we have a hand grinder, coz we're too cheap/lacking in space for a decent automatic one. it takes FOREVER to grind anything fine enough for aeropress (it's better for a coarse cafetiere grind). we prefer to just buy some lavazzo/taylors when it's on offer
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5539
    What kept you?
    I bloody love my Aeropress. Taylor's Rich Italian is my favourite and squeezing out the last oils makes for an amazing brew.
    The slab of Lavazza I had was pretty decent too to be fair.
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13953
    Ariel Posen will be along any minute with his Barista coffee shop slide blues

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • brucegillbrucegill Frets: 724
    Got one of these in December. I will never hand grind again. Ever. 
    Krups Expert Burr Grinder https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0002H2IOM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_EXQKCbH30AK0J
  • mrleon83mrleon83 Frets: 188
    I'm currently enjoying this https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/shop/ProductDisplay?storeId=10151&productId=1268202&urlRequestType=Base&categoryId=371353&catalogId=10122&langId=44 .. but also can recommend the Tanzanian Peaberry Beans (Sainsbury's brand) .. the difference when you grind your own is incredible.. also if you want an expresso from the Aeropress ,the best coffee roaster/shop in the world (Yellow Bourbon in Northampton, INCREDIBLE!) , recommended 23g of ground coffee with 25ml of water.. it is intense and amazing!
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6265

On the inverted mode - be very careful when you tip it up, that the seal is good. I speak from the experience of the whole thing leaking out and burning my hand something chronic. I have reasonably burn resistant hands in that it takes a real heat to do some damage, boiling water is usually not a problem, but red hot coffee must be something else, cos it gave me a big bad burn!!

Other than that, the aeropress was something rec'd on here and I haven't used anything else since, quick and easy. And importantly makes a good brew.

• mrleon83 said:
    I'm currently enjoying this https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/shop/ProductDisplay?storeId=10151&productId=1268202&urlRequestType=Base&categoryId=371353&catalogId=10122&langId=44 .. but also can recommend the Tanzanian Peaberry Beans (Sainsbury's brand) .. the difference when you grind your own is incredible.. also if you want an expresso from the Aeropress ,the best coffee roaster/shop in the world (Yellow Bourbon in Northampton, INCREDIBLE!) , recommended 23g of ground coffee with 25ml of water.. it is intense and amazing!

I've tried and tried and can't get anything even approaching an espresso out of mine..  

Snap said:

On the inverted mode - be very careful when you tip it up, that the seal is good. I speak from the experience of the whole thing leaking out and burning my hand something chronic. I have reasonably burn resistant hands in that it takes a real heat to do some damage, boiling water is usually not a problem, but red hot coffee must be something else, cos it gave me a big bad burn!!

Other than that, the aeropress was something rec'd on here and I haven't used anything else since, quick and easy. And importantly makes a good brew.

Put the mug on first! Then flip it :) 
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1783
    For me the best part of an Aeropress is how clean it is to clear up. I keep mine at work as its the quickest, easiest and cleanest way of making coffee in a shared kitchen (whilst also being tasty luckily!)
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BigMonka said:
    For me the best part of an Aeropress is how clean it is to clear up. I keep mine at work as its the quickest, easiest and cleanest way of making coffee in a shared kitchen (whilst also being tasty luckily!)
    So handy to put the used grounds in the recycling. My wife uses a cafetiere and it gives me the jabs having to scrape out the grounds and wash the plunger.  Life is tough!
    I did see two Portlandians demonstrating the inverted method and thought it added a extra layer of faff that subverted the whole Aeropress USP. 
    What I do is stick the plunger in, until there is a seal, and then pull it out a bit. The vacuum created is enough to hold the coffee in the cylinder until you are ready to press.  I hope I am not disrespecting the bean by doing that but it works for me.

• JayceeJaycee Frets: 310
    I have had an aero press for 8 months, tried loads of different coffees but I keep coming back to https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/MiddleofLidl.htm?articleId=15394  or Lavazza