Weird guitar of the day that someone somewhere probably loves but I don't personally to be honest

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    Reminds me of the top end weapons in Skyrim
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5467
    It's like a pretzel had sex with a curly-wurly.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Looks like the fly I swatted earlier. 
    'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    kreggs said:
    Why do I think roast chicken when im looking at the bridge end :s
    Chicken pickin
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8030
    EricTheWeary said:

Somewhere in the back of my head I have the idea that Roland said that bar was a system to stop any dead points on the neck ( important in terms of even triggering of synth notes I guess). I have no idea if it actually makes any difference in that regard ( or even how that would work, come to think of it).
    Correct. However, my G-303 and G-808 controllers tracked far better than any of my G-707’s ever did, so that was a load of b*ll*cks.

The guitar above looks like the kind of thing a tw*tty 13-year-old metalhead would draw on the cover of their maths exercise book with more enthusiasm than ability. Hideous and impractical.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    EricTheWeary said:

Somewhere in the back of my head I have the idea that Roland said that bar was a system to stop any dead points on the neck ( important in terms of even triggering of synth notes I guess). I have no idea if it actually makes any difference in that regard ( or even how that would work, come to think of it).
    Correct. However, my G-303 and G-808 controllers tracked far better than any of my G-707’s ever did, so that was a load of b*ll*cks.

The guitar above looks like the kind of thing a tw*tty 13-year-old metalhead would draw on the cover of their maths exercise book with more enthusiasm than ability. Hideous and impractical.
    When do you collect?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72329
    HarrySeven said:

However, my G-303 and G-808 controllers tracked far better than any of my G-707’s ever did, so that was a load of b*ll*cks.
    This can only be @HarrySeven :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4919
    I blame Roland.

• KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    Needs a Bigsby.
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1260
    Correct in every respect.

Is it something I’d pay money for to play for my own satisfaction? Absolutely not.

If I was still in a working rock covers band would I snap it up[1], strap it to my sad, slightly overweight, late-50s frame and at least try to gig it? Damn Right I would!!!

[1] Subject to the price being right...
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2925
    tFB Trader
    I like to see people trying stuff out however out there and more artful than practical etc, but can't the image of out my head now, if you stood it on end it looks like a wood creature waving his arms, with a big ol' nutsack ... : )
    ICBM said:
    HarrySeven said:

However, my G-303 and G-808 controllers tracked far better than any of my G-707’s ever did, so that was a load of b*ll*cks.
    This can only be @HarrySeven :).

True! ;)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14424
    COMPETITION TIME

Guess how many Roland G-707 Controller guitars currently languish in the gear warehouses of HarrySeven.  :3
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    HarrySeven said:
    The guitar above looks like the kind of thing a tw*tty 13-year-old metalhead would draw on the cover of their maths exercise book with more enthusiasm than ability.
    Oi! :p I resemble that remark! \m/ :lol:
    COMPETITION TIME

Q. Guess how many Roland G-707 Controller guitars currently languish in the gear warehouses of HarrySeven.  :3

Answers:

a. 1.
    b. 3.
    c. More than 6.

FTFY. ;)

• teradaterada Frets: 5113
    COMPETITION TIME

Q. Guess how many Roland G-707 Controller guitars currently languish in the gear warehouses of HarrySeven.  :3

Answers:

a. 1.
    b. 3.
    c. More than 6.

FTFY. ;)

I’m going for c
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14424
    My guess is three working ones and at least four more in various states of dereliction. :-p
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5467
    COMPETITION TIME

Answers:

a. 1.
    b. 3.
    c. More than 6.

FTFY. ;)

Well it has to be at least b, if not c.
    One for playing, one for tinkering with, and a spare.
  • randellarandella Frets: 4168
    JerkMoans said:
    Reminds me of the top end weapons in Skyrim
    @JerkMoans - glad it wasn’t just me thinking of video game weapons, although it looks to me like something one of the Covenant would drop in Halo.

Either way it’s a funny looking guitar to make us think of these things.