Bored of the El Capistan

What's Hot
spirit7spirit7 Frets: 338
edited March 2019 in FX
Morning all -- so I've been running an El Cap on my main board since they came out.  Wonderful pedal, but I recently picked up a Catalinbread Belle Epoch Deluxe for my medium board and, well...it's just better.  More organic and musical, and that boost!

So I'd like to swap out the El Cap for another delay on my main board.  Any thoughts?  I'm sorted for digital delay (also running a Timeline), so something analogue or tape would be best.  Considering another BED but they're like hen's teeth at present...also considering an Analogman ARDX20.

Go!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• barnstormbarnstorm Frets: 628
    Not one that I'll have a use for, but I'm interested to hear some demos of the Keeley ECCOS. The ten-second snippets from NAMM weren't helpful. Might be worth bearing in mind.

• Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1279
    Boonar.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994

new strymon volante might be the upgrade you're after?

• soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6691
    Wanna swap it for my dunlop ecxhoplex? :)
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    Rowby1 said:
    Boonar.
    This in spades
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4701

Memory Lane Junior.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    edited March 2019
    barnstorm said:
    Not one that I'll have a use for, but I'm interested to hear some demos of the Keeley ECCOS. The ten-second snippets from NAMM weren't helpful. Might be worth bearing in mind.

I think they’ve taken that to two NAMMs and they still aren’t for sale. Interesting though. 

And referencing other recent Discussions the Stone Deaf Syncopy which has now come down in price. Seems really impressive for analogue/ modulated analogue. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    edited March 2019
    barnstorm said:

I think they’ve taken that to two NAMMs and they still are for sale. Interesting though. 

And referencing other recent Discussions the Stone Deaf Syncopy which has now come down in price. Seems really impressive for analogue/ modulated analogue. 
    For me I have to say I’m split betwen the syncopy or the Alexander quadrant. Both great. 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    You'll regret moving on from El Cap, I have.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 951
    YMMV but I thought the Way Huge Supa-Puss sounded great on demos I've watched, and has some lovely extra features like a gain dial and a randomised dotted note generator. But I quite like things to go a bit 'out there' so it might not suit 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • solarsolar Frets: 174
    Fairfield Meet Maude.
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    Actually I'm seriously thinking of coming back to an El Cap. Sold mine years ago but somewhat always missed it. Along with a Flint. Damn that pedal it still comes to my thoughts on occasions ;)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/