Silly ebay seller.

What's Hot
My turn to vent my frustrations about an ebay deal.

I bought some martial arts sparring kit, incorporating a head guard, gloves, feet pads and shin pads. The package arrived but had 2 sets of hand pads and no feet pads.
I asked them to resolve the issue and he said to post one set of hand pads back at my expense which they would then refund, and then send out the correct item.

I've said I'm not happy. Why should I pay to return something that I didn't even want? And they've only offered to refund the postage fee, not the packaging.

I've offered the idea that they arrange a courier and I will make sure I'm at home for a morning so the courier can collect the package.

Ultimately, I could just cancel the entire order and get a full refund, but I want the pads. I think I'm being reasonable. At the end of the day, the party that makes the mistake should pay to rectify it. And they shouldn't expect the other party to pay first, and the reimburse them.

I don't usually get stressed about this crap.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Fuck'em, send the lot back, full refund, and buy from somewhere else.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Panama_Jack666Panama_Jack666 Frets: 2989
    mike_l said:
    Fuck'em, send the lot back, full refund, and buy from somewhere else.
    Aye, bollocks to em. @mike_l know's the score.
  • GIJoeGIJoe Frets: 213
    So they will pay the return postage cost?  

"Nobody is really researching robot jokes"

• jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12316
    GIJoe said:
    Only if its in their returns policy, As a seller you can choose not to.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    jonnyburgo;227247" said:
    GIJoe said:

This comes under distance selling regulations. they have to pay the return shipping.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • roundthebendroundthebend Frets: 1137
    They are agreing to cover the costs of return shipping, but they are asking that I pay the costs and they will reimburse. They are also only offering the postage cost and not the cost of any packaging materials etc.

I'm going to just bundle them back into the packaging they came in and take them to the post office, but I'm less than impressed by their customer service - "Oh, sorry abuot that mistake sir. If you just pay some money, we'll sort the problem for you and then settle up".

I should add a charge for storing their item.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72333
    GIJoe said:
    No you can't.

A couple have tried that on with me, and when they wouldn't back down when politely told the rules I opened Paypal disputes, got all my money back and left them negative feedbacks for their intransigence. If they'd simply done the proper thing and given full refunds including return postage in the first place I would have given them positives. (Really.)

The key is to play it exactly by Ebay/Paypal rules - keep all records of your postage expenses and only return things by tracked, signed-for delivery.

They can't charge separately for packaging either.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• maltingsaudiomaltingsaudio Frets: 3127
    Whilst I am in no way casting aspersions on roundthebends morals from the sellers point of view I think it was not an unreasonable request or response. He could have been trying it on to get a free pair of pads and not bothered to send the others back. As a seller who I presume sells loads of these kits just sending stuff out on a phone call from a customer with no real proof a mistake has occured could be very costly indeed.

Just saying
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72333
    Posting back at the buyer's expense and them then being refunded is an absolutely fair request, but charging for the packaging is not.

Equally the buyer asking for the seller to collect by courier is a fair request, since it still involves proof that the items are being returned, and is allowed under the DSRs.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• roundthebendroundthebend Frets: 1137
    My view in it is that I have the seller £60 up front and trusted that they would send the items. Why is it such a big deal for them to pay £3 up front due to their own mistake and trust me to return them?

Anyway it's done now. Funny thing is the bloke complained to me that I'd chosen first class instead of second. It's like it hasn't occurred to him that I want it sorted as quick as possible and the difference was a few pence.
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    I can't help you....can I just ask.  How long can you stand on one leg with your eyes closed?
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    Brilliant!