Why is this happening - Eventide question

TravisthedogTravisthedog Frets: 1845
So I was mucking about with my new modfactor last night and very nice it is too (if a little like trying to fly a Space shuttle)

Initially I thought I'd better put it in the effects loop, but when I did this, if an effect was engaged (say a flanger) and you stopped playing, the "woosh" of the flanger was still really audible all the time - not good

The problem lessend when I plugged the thing straight into the front of the amp .

Anyone got any ideas on this conundrum ?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• spacecadetspacecadet Frets: 671
    Did you have it on Line or Guitar set as the input? If it's through the loop setting it to line level might help.
  • TravisthedogTravisthedog Frets: 1845
    Yup checked all that - it did reduce it but not as much as chucking it in the front of the amp!!

Are they fussy about power supply's - I'm not using a proper Eventide one but it's the right output?
    Could be the PSU. Stupid question but how much gain is there? If it's dirty that will of course add to the problem.
    Clean mate
    Yes - gain makes it worse
    Have you tried isolation the pedal ie, take everything else away and just have the modfactor running with guitar straight into the amp?
    Nope that's on tonight list of things to do!
    Hope you get it sorted.
  • CacofonixCacofonix Frets: 356
    So I was mucking about with my new modfactor last night and very nice it is too (if a little like trying to fly a Space shuttle)

Initially I thought I'd better put it in the effects loop, but when I did this, if an effect was engaged (say a flanger) and you stopped playing, the "woosh" of the flanger was still really audible all the time - not good

The problem lessend when I plugged the thing straight into the front of the amp .

Anyone got any ideas on this conundrum ?
    Stupid question, but had you switched the effect off on the pedal?  It will be amplifying and flanging the preamp noise, even if the guitar is turned down, so ambient noise will be boosted and processed. 

Not used the Eventide myself, but this happens with all my mod/chorus/flange fx.

I would guess there's a setting for input and output levels on the Eventide.  Turn the input side down (or the output side - I'd mess about with both) - you might get a volume drop but you can compensate at the preamp side and the guitar controls.
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    edited May 2014
    Try setting the Bypass to Relay, though of course that will only have an effect with the effect off. My Hartman whooshes when engaged but not playing too even in front of the amp. Never tried my Modfactor in the amp loop though.