Boss DD-7 Analog Delay Setting

What's Hot
builttospillbuilttospill Frets: 457
edited April 2019 in FX
Hi There, does anyone know what the longest delay time is (milliseconds) on the analog mode?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• The DD7’s Analogue echo is designed to replicate the original DM2 so I would expect the range to be 20>>>300 ms.
  • smudge_ladsmudge_lad Frets: 665
    Can't help with the answer to the question, but the analogue mode sounds stellar! I tried to replicate it on my DD500 and just couldn't get near it at all. Great, great sound!
  • Can't help with the answer to the question, but the analogue mode sounds stellar! I tried to replicate it on my DD500 and just couldn't get near it at all. Great, great sound!
    ‘‘Tis brilliant isn’t it? I have too many delays currently but the DD-7 could easily replace everything on my board... I’ve been experimenting with placement and the DD-7 before dirt sounds interesting.

• The DD7’s Analogue echo is designed to replicate the original DM2 so I would expect the range to be 20>>>300 ms.
    The DD7’s Analogue echo is designed to replicate the original DM2 so I would expect the range to be 20>>>300 ms.
    Cheers for that!
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4516
    20 - 800 ms, according to the manual.  Mine's rarely been off the analog setting ever since i got it.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    It’s 800ms. Replicated the DM2 in tone only, not delay time. 
  • preston61preston61 Frets: 690
    JDE said:
    It’s 800ms. Replicated the DM2 in tone only, not delay time. 

So it has all the good parts of the DM2, without all the drawbacks of analog delay, i.e time and easier to feedback, plus you can use tap tempo with the DD7

I just bought a DM2W but am considering trading it for another DD7 (I already have one on my board) and keeping it on analog mode

• Dave_VaderDave_Vader Frets: 360
    The analog on it is nice, but not quite as warm and lovely as my Biyang DM2 clone, so I still need both.
    Have both for a bit if you're considering trading and A/B them thoroughly, I nearly got rid of the Biyang I was so impressed with the DD7, but after a month or two I realised something was missing.
  • 20 - 800 ms, according to the manual.  Mine's rarely been off the analog setting ever since i got it.
    Even better! my only slight criticism of my DM-2w is that it's not as easy to dial in compared to the DD-7 and DSD-2, anyone else find this or is it just me? the DD-7 and DSD-2 are a doddle.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72329
    preston61 said:

So it has all the good parts of the DM2
    Not quite - it has one major difference if you want it to self-oscillate - the delay time doesn't change smoothly, it goes in little steps... so the pitch doesn't change controllably in the same way. It's possible that some people might prefer it, but it's definitely not the same.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• preston61preston61 Frets: 690
    ICBM said:
    preston61 said:

So it has all the good parts of the DM2
    Not quite - it has one major difference if you want it to self-oscillate - the delay time doesn't change smoothly, it goes in little steps... so the pitch doesn't change controllably in the same way. It's possible that some people might prefer it, but it's definitely not the same.

Never liked self oscilation, always felt like a gimmick to me
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    preston61 said:

Never liked self oscilation, always felt like a gimmick to me
    Up to a point, yes - but I used to play a solo on my DM-2 in one song by making it do it and bending the pitch, always went down brilliantly. The DD-7 wouldn't do it properly.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3546
    What delay note values can it do? Been using  simple Kokko but am missing dotted quavers.
    Greatape said:
    What delay note values can it do? Been using  simple Kokko but am missing dotted quavers.
    It can do that in tap-tempo mode.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom