Sending items to the USA

What's Hot
hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
edited April 2019 in FX
Not sure what section to have put this question in but it relates to fx pedals in my case so I put it here.

I've never liked to send pedals I sell abroad in fear of them getting lost or the hassle factor but I'm having to come to terms with that I'm gonna have to do it someday and just bite the bullet. What companies do you guys use to send abroad that are reputable and not too expensive ?

i have a feeling I’ve asked this before but I’ve lost the thread  
Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WhistlerWhistler Frets: 322
    If it is within Europe then I have found UPS, DPD and DHL to be great as they are Europe-wide and so the parcel stays within one company and tracking is easy. I use www.parcelmonkey.co.uk to get a good price. I believe there are other similar services online.
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    Whistler said:
    If it is within Europe then I have found UPS, DPD and DHL to be great as they are Europe-wide and so the parcel stays within one company and tracking is easy. I use www.parcelmonkey.co.uk to get a good price. I believe there are other similar services online.
    Thanks. What about if it's to the US?
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • WhistlerWhistler Frets: 322
    Sorry, I have no experience of sending stuff to the US. Someone else will need to help you with that one.
  • TateFXTateFX Frets: 114
    tFB Trader
    I send all over the world via Royal Mail. 

To send a pedal to the US it's £14  tracked and signed for it takes 5-7 days. Sent maybe 50-75 this way. 

Shipping to Japan and Canada are where I have had a few issues. But they turn up in the end. 
    Formerly Stu_Tate
    Tate FX
    www.TateFX.co.uk
    Instagram 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    Royal Mail Airmail, DPD Air Classic and sometimes UPS have all been fine for me.

Just remember to take the batteries out or they will hold it if it goes through a scanner. Royal Mail may even reject it if they know it has a battery, so better safe than sorry.