Anyone good with TVs, soundbars etc? Sync problems.

gearaddictgearaddict Frets: 895

I just bought this Panasonic Smart TV:

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-dvd-blu-ray/televisions/large-screen-tvs-32-and-over/panasonic-viera-tx-l42et60b-smart-3d-42-led-tv-21289375-pdt.html

...but the sound was naff so I bought this soundbar:

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10151&catalogId=10001&langId=110&productId=994524

So, the sound is now good but it just ever so slightly out of sync with the picture.

Anyone know if there is a way of sorting this out? Or is it just pants?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• wibblewibble Frets: 1108
    What connection are you using?

• gearaddictgearaddict Frets: 895
    Optical - there is no HDMI
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4146
    Check the audio menu on the TV. My LG TV has a sync option in the audio menu to allow me to change the delay between screen and sound.

And having looked online at the manual for your TV you need to go to "SPDIF delay" in the audio menu.

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24448
    Most new TVs, AV Amps, Soundbars and even the Sky Box have options for syncing up the audio buried in the menus.

Newer TVs also usually send sync information back down the cable - if you are using HDMI anyway.
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 628
    I had the same issue, was the delay on the TV as mentioned above.
    Check the audio menu on the TV. My LG TV has a sync option in the audio menu to allow me to change the delay between screen and sound.

And having looked online at the manual for your TV you need to go to "SPDIF delay" in the audio menu.
    Thanks - but I can't find that setting or a similar one on the TV or mentioned in the manual...can you send me a link to the manual you saw?
    Nope...definitely no setting like that in the menus, even though it is mentioned in the "eHELP" section. Bum.
  • wibblewibble Frets: 1108
    Nope...definitely no setting like that in the menus, even though it is mentioned in the "eHELP" section. Bum.
    No firmware update?
    It says it is up to date. If I had a sound bar with HDMI and ARC, reckon it would sort it? Or is there always some delay? At the moment, it's not really noticeable unless you put the TV sound on at the same time...then you get a kind of extreme reverb effect. I was reading about the Sonos play bar and it sounds like there is a delay with that too...unsurprising I guess, if it works over WiFi.