SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Strat Neck Pickup

robwrightrobwright Frets: 738
edited April 2019 in Parts £
Looking to replace the pickup in my Eggle New York for something with a bit more character. 

I just bought an Axesrus Purist from @TTBZ on here and that is 9.8k ohms so something that would work well with that would be good. 

Any (slightly) hot Strat neck pups out there? 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• robwrightrobwright Frets: 738
    Still looking! 

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14533
    9.8k Ohms would be about right for a bridge/Treble position humbucker. In my opinion, that figure is on the high side for a neck/Rhythm position replacement pickup for Stratocaster. (Between 6 and 7k would be more normal.) 

What is the fingerboard radius on the Eggle?
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • robwrightrobwright Frets: 738
    edited April 2019
    9.8k Ohms would be about right for a bridge/Treble position humbucker. In my opinion, that figure is on the high side for a neck/Rhythm position replacement pickup for Stratocaster. (Between 6 and 7k would be more normal.) 

What is the fingerboard radius on the Eggle?
    I was thinking in that region. I’ve changed the wording to show that the Purist is 9.8k ohms so I need something that would match that for the neck position.

The neck radius is around 10’’ I think. 

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14533
    robwright said:
    I’ve changed the wording to show that the Purist is 9.8k ohms 
    I was just checking before rummaging in my spare parts drawer for suitable bargains. 

robwright said:
    The neck radius is around 10’’ I think. 
    In that case, equal length rod magnet polepieces would be the order of the day. 

I have a Seymour Duncan STK-S5N that might fit the bill. Black moulded cover. 240mm of 2-con + shield output cable. Photographs on request. £45PPG.

If you are still looking in a week's time, I should have one "surplus" Oil City Masterwound Route 66 single coil. Never been installed.

You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.