Goldilox by King's X.. A Gold Standard.

What's Hot
equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6111
Cos everynow and then, as guitarists, we need to feel the burn and witness what one of the finest bands ever created, could produce on a good day.

Just faultless:

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11295
    Saw them at the old Astoria in the Charing Cross Road, supported by the Galactic Cowboys. I could barely speak on the way home, they were magnificent.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BGGBGG Frets: 689
    New tour this year ;) got my ticket :)
    #thebatesmotelband
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22826
    scrumhalf said:
    Saw them at the old Astoria in the Charing Cross Road, supported by the Galactic Cowboys. I could barely speak on the way home, they were magnificent.
    Me too, I saw King's X loads of times in those days.  They were my favourite band for those first four or five albums.

Galactic Cowboys have a new album out, with Dane Sonnier back on guitar.  It's not as good as the first two albums but it's not bad at all.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    The first three albums were all beyond amazing. Absolutely loved them. My interest waned after that. Faith, Hope, Love was the last vinyl album I ever bought!

Also saw them live back then, they were an amazing live band, their music was so made to be heard live. My fave track was Over my head, but they had many seriously good tracks. Pretty sure the support was Vanden Plas, although it may have been Pain of Salvation. Can't remember now!
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723

Goldilox is definitely one of King's X best songs and one of the best ballads ever written.  Such a shame it flew under the radar. Doug's bass on the track is amazing. 

• equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6111
    edited April 2019
    And.. "She's Gone Away" is another damn fine cut.. and just brutal at times.

Talk about light and shade.. this track has it all.

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • Saw a post on classic rock Facebook that they’re recording first new album since XV. Which I loved. Can’t wait. Really need to dig their stuff out and have another listen.