Thorpy the Dane with buckers

What's Hot
mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1058
edited April 2019 in FX
Im a very lucky man... my wife got me a Thorpy Warthog for my 40th. Ive been wanting to try one of Adrians pedals for ages and i have to say i love it.

It has me pondering adding a dane. I know it excels at single coil tones, but how is it with humbuckers?

I only use low wind PAF style.

Any experience?

Cheers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3988
    Ah, a gift that will always remind you of her.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • markr76markr76 Frets: 360
    Hey mate. I’ve had lots of experience with the Dane. It’s a really fantastic pedal. It works really well with humbuckers. I help Thorpy at the guitar shows and mainly use my R8, which has a set of Monty’s paf pups in it. The pedal has a really wide range tone control on it. So you can get the balance between single coils and humbuckers just right. The boost side also, there’s enough range in the lows control so that it doesn’t get too boomy.
    To be honest, the Dane is one of the best drive pedals I’ve ever used. I have one on my wanted list at the minute too. I tend to use the gunshot as my main drive at the minute and I’d like the Dane as I can also use the boost side to push the gunshot a little more. You could do the same with your warthog. As they stack really well. 
  • keirkeir Frets: 137
    edited April 2019
    Does anyone have any experience with the Dane vs the peacekeeper would having both cover the same ground?

not counting the boost obviously!
    Good deals with: handsomerick, majorscale, gassage, sticker, smudge_lad, anglian, edinfield99, thewiddler, thomfripp, notonlybutalso, JDE, chebellanga
  • smudge_ladsmudge_lad Frets: 664
    I had the Dane and Peackeeper. They are very different. I found that the drive on the Dane seems to add its own flavour, but the Peackeeper appears much more neutral to my ears. There’s obviously more control with the PK due to the extra tone controls. I ended up selling the Dane, not because I didn’t love it - I kinda needed some cash and felt that the Pk could cover my low gain drive.

The boost on the Dane is stunning, best boost I’ve ever had. I’ll probably get myself another Dane at some point 
  • keirkeir Frets: 137
    Cool thanks for the info. I read somewhere that the boost side is being released as a single pedal later this year. 
    Good deals with: handsomerick, majorscale, gassage, sticker, smudge_lad, anglian, edinfield99, thewiddler, thomfripp, notonlybutalso, JDE, chebellanga
  • ArchtopDaveArchtopDave Frets: 1368
    I mainly play a Les Paul, and have the Boost side of the Dane on all the time, when playing in my band. I bought it early on, and have loved it from Day 1.

• mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1058
    markr76 said:
    Hey mate. I’ve had lots of experience with the Dane. It’s a really fantastic pedal. It works really well with humbuckers. I help Thorpy at the guitar shows and mainly use my R8, which has a set of Monty’s paf pups in it. The pedal has a really wide range tone control on it. So you can get the balance between single coils and humbuckers just right. The boost side also, there’s enough range in the lows control so that it doesn’t get too boomy.
    To be honest, the Dane is one of the best drive pedals I’ve ever used. I have one on my wanted list at the minute too. I tend to use the gunshot as my main drive at the minute and I’d like the Dane as I can also use the boost side to push the gunshot a little more. You could do the same with your warthog. As they stack really well. 
    Thanks! My R7 has the Montys in so that spunds perfect.
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    edited April 2019
    Those warthogs of Adrian’s are amazing. I bought one a couple of years ago and then sold a year later. Regretted it and literally just bought the v2 version. A great allrounder 

The Dane is interesting but just too big for my liking 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • I bought The Dane and loved it, then bought a Gunshot based on a review on yootoobe, and was blown away. Mr Thorpe MBE makes some spectacular pedals.