SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Oil City workshop moving sale ... part one!!!

What's Hot
OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10390
edited April 2019 in Parts £ tFB Trader
As you are all aware I expect, Oil City Pickups are moving to a new, and larger workshop facility ... still in Leyton E10 ... but much more capable of handling our volume of production these days :-)
So  ... we want to travel as light as possible so I've put some effort into completing part made units, cancelled custom orders ... and you guys get the benefit of some fantastic pickups FAR cheaper than normal.

Above: Oil City Masterwound Cow-T-ron Classic Humbucker sized 'Filtertron style'. After a lot of soul searching I have decided to drop the Cow-T-Ron from our range. We simply don't sell enough 'Gretsch style' pickups to justify holding the very expensive parts in stock. It may be available at a later date again ... who knows ... but for the foreseeable future this is the last pair of Cow-T-Ron pickups I shall make unless it's a very special custom job. 
4.5 and 4.8k, these are fitted with the proper, oversized alnico 5 magnets like a proper 50s Filtertron, and come with long, vintage braided cables. The current price on the website (before I take them down) is £109 a pickup or £218 the pair. 
This last production pair will set you back new and boxed £130.00 for the pair ... delivered! SOLD

Above and below: Going through my boxes, I discovered some pre wound bobbin sets from June 2011 ... right at the very start of Oil City. My idea at the time was to pre-wind all the coils, then add baseplates and covers ... I made a bunch of pairs up ... put them in a box ... and promptly forgot them. 
They are all hand wound by me, on our original (home built) winding machine, and were within the first ten humbuckers I wound for sale. I took them out of the box, have kitted them out with baseplears, covers, magnets etc ... added reproductions of our first 'red sunset' labels ... and serial numbers that go with when they were wound. 

The first is this Nickel cover (no it's not gold ... that was early morning sun making the light warm) 52mm spaced, four conductor bridge Blitz spirit ... only the 6th Blitz spirit ever wound! 
New and boxed £55.00 Delivered SOLD

Below: from that same box of bobbins came these ... 

50mm spaced, short leg Scrapyard Dog set ... these too bear 'red sunset' labels, and sport 'smoke black' covers and gold pole screws. These look the business ... and would normally set you back £88.00 each (£196.the pair) with these custom order covers 
New, boxed and dispatched to your door for £105.00 the pair! SOLD

Above: 50mm spaced Oil City Blue Streak humbucker. These are my take on the original 70's replacement high output humbucker ... before Larry changed the way they were made. This one has very slightly different coloured bobbins ... I only noticed it after I built it.
Normally £82.00 New, boxed £45.00 delivered

Above: a full relic covered Oil City Firewatch ... dogear P90
This Firewatch boasts an unusual square shouldered P90 cover (Gibson did do them for a very short period ... this is a repro) hand relic work, and poles with naturally aged plating, oh and a super heavy brass baseplate. 
Normally £67.00 £45.00 Delivered SOLD

Above: 52mm spaced, four conductor Forces Sweetheart alnico 4 bridge pickup (triangular feet with nickel cover.
Used briefly as a demo pickup uncovered, I've given it a new nickel cover (not gold ... it's just the light) 
And its going for £50.00 delivered SOLD

Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments