Good running shoe shop in North London or Central London?

axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
I've 'officially' given up running as of 2 years ago when I was diagnosed with the onset of arthritis wear on hip and knee. After a year off things felt a bit better so I went back to just doing the 5k Parkrun saturday mornings. I'm still doing the parkruns, but I feel that it would be a good idea to get running shoes that will give me the best impact cushioning, so I'm hoping that I can find a shop of informed staff who can assist.

Anyone know of a good running shoe shop? Preferably North London or Central London?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    Runners Need or Run and Become are usually excellent - good advice and range 

Branches all over London etc.
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4258
    I did the whole running shop with expert advice thing etc. ages ago, bought a pair at £130, got home looked online, found same pair for £70, duly returned them and bought the online ones, which arrived the next day. Yeah, I know, 'death of the high street' etc, but sixty feckin quid difference!!! I gave the shop a chance to maybe meet in the middle somewhere, but no dice.

Went into a different one few weeks back again as needed a new pair, looked at prices, googled on phone, walked swiftly out.... Bought some Brooks Adrenaline 19, very nice shoe, another very large saving.... I also tried some Hoka's recently which are also really cool, although quite a bit different to most running shoes.
  • steven70steven70 Frets: 1262
    edited April 2019
    Runners Need are OK, depending on who you get, good selection but they can be pricey - chain is aimed at executive types on their lunch break (oh just like me).
    Why don't you ask around at the Park Run or drop your local athletics club a line?
    I can also recommend 'Up and Running', who I think would be happy to talk, although no substitute for trying on a pair.
    Thing with running (and I bang on about it) crappy shorts and teeshirt who cares, but decent pair of shoes is the one thing it's not worth skimping on. Just my opinion likes.

• DominicDominic Frets: 16095
    There's a huge one in Camden...........wouldn't know myself ,physical isn't my thing
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4309
    The best running shop I know is Sweatshop in Teddington. Obviously not Central or North, but it’s five mins away from Chandlers Guitar Xperience, so you could combine the trip. 

Otherwise i’d agree with Peteri and say Run and Become or Runners Need. They have a lot of choice and should be able to find what you’re looking for. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    Thanks people.