SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS/FT - Fender Custom Shop '53 Telecaster (2013) - [SOLD]

sharpjimbosharpjimbo Frets: 36
edited May 2019 in Guitars £

Fender Custom Shop '53 Telecaster (2013)

Hi all,

A Collings I-35 LC has found it's way into the house which means that unfortunately a Tele needs to find it's way out...

[Price = £2,000 - NOW SOLD]

TRADE = Dr Z Maz 18 + cash my way.

Please note the guitar currently has Glendale brass intone cutting edge compensated saddle set on it. I'll be putting on the original set of Fender custom shop saddles back on it when it sells unless you want to pay an extra £50 for them (they cost me £69.95 from Charlie Chandler's Guitar Experience 2 months ago).

Condition

• Factory relic, no additional knocks, bumps scrapes chips or buckle rash.

Features/Specs

• Super light and resonant, it weights 6.4lb
  • Quartersawn 1-piece maple neck. When I was looking for a blackguard tele, I wanted one with a perfectly quartersawn neck - it took me ages of trawling the net to find this one, the neck is absolutely perfect IMO!
  • I'd call this a light relic. Nice checking, some wear around the body, some light wear on the first five frets, very tastefully done.
  • The neck profile is 60 style oval C.
  • Neck pickup = handwound tele tex special
  • bridge pickup = broadcaster bridge
  • It's currently set up with a set of D'addario 11 - 49 flat wounds and a pretty low action, however, I can re-set up with a gauge and action of your choosing before shipping the guitar to you.
  • Comes with case, COA, and other Fender Custom Shop case candy.
Pictures

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• chris78chris78 Frets: 9347
    Cool guitar.
    If you’re not sure of neck specs, give Fender customer relations an email and they’ll send you full specs.
    You haven’t got a chance of selling it unless you can tell people the neck shape 
  • chris78 said:
    Cool guitar.
    If you’re not sure of neck specs, give Fender customer relations an email and they’ll send you full specs.
    You haven’t got a chance of selling it unless you can tell people the neck shape 
    Aye, good point I've emailed consumerrelations@fender.com, I'll post the specs when they get back to me. 

I'd say I've sold approaching maybe 40 high end guitars over the years without listing the exact specs of the guitar (neck profile etc.), and the neck profile question only really comes up when selling Fender and Gibson guitars. I personally can get on with any neck shape (it really isn't a consideration for me), the other features (e.g., solid/thinline, pickups, even colour) of the guitar are usually the most important thing to me when I'm after something new - but I guess there are certain crowds who know what they like and don't deviate much from that.
  • They got back to me quickly, it's a 60's style oval C.
  • sharpjimbosharpjimbo Frets: 36
    edited April 2019
    Here's the traveller...

Bump!
    Price reduced to £2,000 + postage.
    edited May 2019
    Would also consider trade for Dr Z Maz 18 + cash my way.
    Sold pending payment.