SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Fender American Original 60s Stratocaster Olympic White

lewisandersonlewisanderson Frets: 63
edited May 2019 in Guitars £
SOLD: Fender American Original 60s Stratocaster in Olympic White. 

Bought four months ago from Anderton's for £1549 and in excellent condition with the exception of a lacquer chip by the neckplate on the rear and a small one by the neck pocket.  Both chips are in the lacquer only and are the result of thin skin paint and a tight neck pocket fit and occured when I was adjusting the truss rod. Professionally set up (11s) and fret levelled last month.  Selling due to my guitar collection finally arriving in the UK after a three month wait.  Also, I'm not really a Strat fan, can't get on with the neck profile and middle pickup.  Guitar comes with all case candy and original hard case.  Looking to sell for £1100 (plus buyer to pay actual shipping if required) or swap for any of the following:

Thanks

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• lewisandersonlewisanderson Frets: 63
    edited March 2019
    Fender American Original 60s Stratocaster in Olympic White. It is in excellent condition with the exception of two small chips by the neck plate and neck pocket (see photos). This happened when the neck was removed to adjust the truss rod and are easily done due to the thin-skin nitro finish of the guitar. Comes with all case candy and has never been played outside of the house. No trades thanks, selling due to my preferring Teles.

• If it was six weeks ago, surely Andertons  could do you a favourable deal against a Tele without you losing nearly £500. 
  • Hello there,  I have already picked up a Tele and I'd rather sell privately.  Thanks for the advice though.  :)
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1598
    I’ve got two of the American Original series strats. They are excellent guitars. 

GLWTS
  • phase3phase3 Frets: 41
    I thought the idea of the notch in the scratchplate was to allow truss rod adjustment without removing neck?
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    shaunm said:
    I’ve got two of the American Original series strats. They are excellent guitars. 

GLWTS
    Agreed! I have an Original 50's Strat...superb......(Although I did mod it a bit!) Fantastic neck profile
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• phase3 said:
    I thought the idea of the notch in the scratchplate was to allow truss rod adjustment without removing neck?
    The screws still have to be slightly undone to access the rod. 
  • Thanks for the all the interest, but I've decided to keep the guitar. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8704
    Threads merged
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • Sorry for the double post. Guitar is back up for sale/trade
  • lewisandersonlewisanderson Frets: 63
    edited May 2019
    Guitar is now SOLD. Thanks.