Jet City Effects Loop

What's Hot
GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4148
Been looking at getting a Jet City head. But I remember hearing talk of some of them having poor effects loops. 

Can any of you enlighten me on this, and perhaps opinions of the amps as a whole?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 31632
    The 50 and 100 watters have the line level FX loop, the 20w heads have more pedal friendly loops. 
    There is a cure for the line level loops though. 

They're great amps, well made, robust, using good components - I've gigged five of them over the last few years and even tracked down and re-bought my favourite one. 

They come in lots of flavours though, what sort of sounds are you looking for?
  • theimageofalltheimageofall Frets: 123
    I’ve got the JCA22H, which is the re-voiced 20 watt head.

The effects loop is fine on this model.

Personally I think they are amazing amps for the price. I’m comparing that against my Mesa solo rectifier.

I find it really responsive to playing dynamics and have no problems using it live rather than the Mesa, in fact I prefer it due to size/weight etc.

I don’t think anyone would be disappointed in any of the models considering their price and what you get for that price.
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3056
    There is a bargain 20w vintage head and cab for sale in the classifieds, I already have one or would be all over it....

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/145863/fs-jet-city-jca20hv-and-matching-1x12-cabinet-200#latest

No connection....
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4148
    Thanks for the replies. I was looking at the 20W heads, the regular and the vintage. Only need a single channel really, but would like an effects loop.

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26690
    OK...the heads only:

The 50W and 100W heads have a line-level effects loop, between the main gain stages and the tone stack. That leads to some oddities - the signal level is very much dependent on the gain control, and there's some clipping which occurs in the tone stack (so you can't have a boost in there for a pure level boost).

the JCA22H has a line-level effects loop, but it's after the master volumes so it's much more sensible and predictable. I believe this is the same on the JCA20HV.

The Custom 22, I think, has an instrument-level loop after the master volumes, so it's a lot more pedal-friendly.

The JCA20H doesn't have an effects loop at all.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31632

The JCA20H doesn't have an effects loop at all.
    Mine does, it's not a difficult task, but I'm fairly handy with this kind of stuff.
    :)

http://i67.tinypic.com/rhv220.jpg