marshall jmp 1 preamp

billandobillando Frets: 26

Has anybody here used a jmp-1 preamp through the effects return of a jcm 900? i find with my jcm 900 the lead channel is too thin especially in band situations unless really high volume and although the clean channel with gain maxed is nice and thick, it doesn't have enough gain...bit weak. How will the jmp-1 do through the fx return, bypassing the jcm 900 preamp?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• firepaulmusicfirepaulmusic Frets: 364
    Better off ditching the 900 and putting the JMP-1 through a VHT or Mesa power amp. Best sound Slim Hamster ever had. One of the guys in Limehouse Lizzy uses a similar rig and sounds great...
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3661

Earlier in the year I dug my JMP-1 out of the loft so that the other guitarist in the band could try it.  I had forgotten just how good it sounds.  I also like the simplicity of the user interface.  It's not quite one control per function but it is one button + one control.

Unfortunately I couldn't locate my four button footswitch for it but I still had the original chip for my Behringer FCB1010 (I'd done the Kemper mod).   I'm about to do an overhaul of my home studio, so maybe I'll bring it back from exile.

It should be fine into the fx return of the jcm