SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB - Danelectro

What's Hot
pottolompottolom Frets: 114
I already have a WTB looking for a humbucker based guitar, but I'm also now looking for something from Danelectro at the same time......

Anyone got anything? I'd be interested in most models, except probably the longhorn type.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7048
    tFB Trader
    I've got a DC59 reissue I might part with, copper finish. If it's of interest I'll sort out some photos.
  • 19791979 Frets: 87
    I have a black 56 U2 if you’re interested?
  • simonhpiemansimonhpieman Frets: 684
    Where's that dude from Brum who couldn't shift his lovely U2?
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2530
    @thecolourbox ?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • pottolompottolom Frets: 114
    I've got a DC59 reissue I might part with, copper finish. If it's of interest I'll sort out some photos.
    Thanks! I have a bit of an inexplicable aversion to copper coloured guitars, so I'll give it a miss. Sure it's lovely, though.

1979 said:
    I have a black 56 U2 if you’re interested?
    Thank you. Really appreciate it, but I see it's a Pro and I'm keen on something slightly more vintage correct (vinyl tape, etc).

@thecolourbox ?
    Looks like he won't deliver (I'm in Newcastle), so I'm still looking......
  • simonhpiemansimonhpieman Frets: 684
    Keep on looking. I had a keen green convertible once. Sold it like a moron to an old hoarding woman who lives/lived in a flat above an icecream shop just off Shaftesbury Avenue. She's never gonna play it, it might get flattened and destroyed by a pile of books or old tools, and I'm going to regret it forever.

Anyway, my point. It was a really lovely guitar, 99/00ish Korean reissue. Those period Danos are really, really fantastic.
  • punchesjudypunchesjudy Frets: 1025
    There's a red 90s Danelectro 56U2 in Amp guitars. 

Keep on looking. I had a keen green convertible once. Sold it like a moron to an old hoarding woman who lives/lived in a flat above an icecream shop just off Shaftesbury Avenue. She's never gonna play it, it might get flattened and destroyed by a pile of books or old tools, and I'm going to regret it forever.

Anyway, my point. It was a really lovely guitar, 99/00ish Korean reissue. Those period Danos are really, really fantastic.
    Thanks! That’s useful to know.

Just noticed that new Silvertone reissues are about the same price (or less) than a used Dano reissue. Anyone on here tried one?
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7048
    tFB Trader
    pottolom said:
    Thanks! I have a bit of an inexplicable aversion to copper coloured guitars, so I'll give it a miss. Sure it's lovely, though.
    It is certainly inexplicable, as copper is THE BEST colour for a Danelectro :)
  • mstill1984mstill1984 Frets: 61
    Never played the new silvertone, but they are a brand name owned by samick so they should be just as good as the original reissues
  • brooombrooom Frets: 1175
    I actually had an original 1959 Silvertone U1 for sale here in the forum. But should be sold today. Look for one if you can, they're very nice playing and sounding guitars.