Anyone have an electric bike ?

What's Hot
sev112sev112 Frets: 2778
medical reasons mean I might have to resort to one of these
Blimey they are expensive!!
anyone have one? Recommendations ? Battery size?

im looking for something for a flat work commute of up to 30 mins, and the occasional bit of gentle off-roading 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1797
    I have a Scott 720 I think with the Bosch CX and have to say 3 years on very happy with it. Although there are some newer systems coming through I think the Bosch CX is very natural to ride. The battery is still good three years down the road and the Bosch system responds really well. Some of the cheaper ones I tried with hub front or rear seemed much less responsive and more like someone pushing you along whereas the mid drive is best in my mind. 

I have two now and buy the last year's models as there are always deals when the next year's models are due. With the restrictions on the motor size in the UK and the fact that the Bosch is a well-developed system, you are really not losing much by buying the last years model. Off-roading is fun with the quick responsive powe,r well it is for this old git. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2430
    There was a thread about electric bikes a while ago that you might find helpful, here:

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/131444/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom