Alton Towers midweek?

What's Hot
TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7417
Has anyone been to Alton Towers on a weekday OUTSIDE of school holidays?   Would a fast pass still be advisable? 
Red ones are better. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7860
    I've often taken the kids on my birthday (before schools got militant about mid term days off), usually mid week late in their season (October). Then it's quiet, and queues are only minutes long if there are any queues at all.

As we get towards the summer, there will be lots of school trips to Alton Towers, so could well be busy in the week, filled with kids high on excitement and e-numbers.

It's a good park, but it's huge, and a good walk from one section to another.  Fun on a sunny day, but annoying when it's 'bucketing it down'. 
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1473
    TimmyO said:
    Has anyone been to Alton Towers on a weekday OUTSIDE of school holidays?   Would a fast pass still be advisable? 
    Not been for a few years, but my and the wife (then g/f) used to go mid-week as we worked in hospitality, so were always working weekends anyway. 

Never bothered with Fast Pass and never queued more than 10 mins or so for rides. 
  • LoFiLoFi Frets: 534
    Been a very long time since I did Alton Towers midweek, but have done Thorpe Park (on a par in terms of rides these days, if not scenery) midweek a couple of times quite recently, and both times we were done by 3pm, having done several of the rides more than once. As above, no more than 5-10 mins queue for anything, and occasionally none at all, even for the big rides.

It was definitely busier when we left than when we arrived, though, so getting there first thing is advisable.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7417
    edited May 2019
    cheers chaps
    Red ones are better. 
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4095
    I've never been outside of school holidays,  or inside for that matter,  also never been on a mid week or,  come till think of it never been on a weekend either.   In fact,  now I'm looking back I'm never been at all.

Hope that helps. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6682
    Go to Fawlty Towers. Much more fun. 
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7287
    I can confirm that the ceebeebies land bit is nice and quiet at those times..........
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2890
    usually go mid week and during school term.  Even in June / July never had to queue for more than a few mins. If you go out of season (March or October) it can be so quiet that you don't even need to get off the ride at the end they just send you round again.   Did that the year smiler opened.  managed to go round three times before the feeling of nausea got too much.  It was great though.