SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Both Sold: Eastman T486-B (Now Sold - & Fender ST54-80AM (2-Tone Sunburst)

steviebee74steviebee74 Frets: 33
edited July 2019 in Guitars £

Price - £900

I bought this Eastman last year (Brand-New) for a project I was involved in at the time but this is now finished so the guitar is surplus to requirements.

As soon as I got it, I took it to my local tec for a full setup and also had him install a Wilkinson roller bridge and the cream pickup surrounds & switch tip seen in the pictures (the originals are all in the case should you wish to re-install them). The roller bridge is a massive improvement to the Bigsby as it makes the unit work much more smoothly and return to pitch perfectly. I also think the cream appointments look far nicer than the original black.

This is a great all-rounder guitar with a (sort of) Gretsch vibe to it due to the SD Phat-Cat P90 pickups. Obviously, these are HB-sized so easily swappable should you want to change them out for something more PAF-like.

It’s been used so there are light signs of swirling and a bit of play-wear that is difficult to photograph but there are no proper marks or scratched anywhere on the guitar.

It is currently set up for 11s which gives it plenty of power & great tone.

Everything works exactly as it should so it plays beautifully and sounds bright & clear.

Video here shows what it can do:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KU7Ahne-5ZI

Photos Here: 

http://s1277.photobucket.com/user/steviebee74/library/Sale Stuff/Eastman T486-B

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• steviebee74steviebee74 Frets: 33
    edited May 2019

Model: ST54-80AM.  I bought this around 2004/5 directly from Ishibashi in Japan. It was from their domestic market @not for export” premium range.

It was intended as a backup guitar for the Japanese telecaster I was using at the time so although it went out to all my gigs, it was never really used as the tele was so dependable.

Since then, it has been lain idle as a case queen and really ought to be used by someone who will play it more than I do.

Body is ash (not the more common Alder), neck is obviously maple but worth noting it has a pronounced early 50s large, soft “V” profile like the telecasters of the time.

Pickups are Fender US custom shop 54’s. Trem block is a proper, milled steel unit (not the cheaper die-cast sort found on standard Fenders).

When I bought it I had the pots, switch & jack socket replaced with US-made CTS parts as well as all the wiring replaced with the vintage-correct waxed, cloth-covered variety. I also had the full 5 springs installed to effectively “block-off” the tremolo.  

I also replaced all the plastics with some “aged” pieces which make the guitar look far nicer in my opinion.

However, I had this set up (with the trem now functioning) a few weeks ago by my local & trusted tec with the intention of using it again but these days, I much prefer rosewood fretboards so I have stuck with my other strat.

It now plays beautifully and in my opinion rivals any US-Made Fender for less money. The action is very low & slinky and I personally think it would particularly appeal to anyone who plays Strats in a more finger-style way a la Knopfler (though I could be wrong). 

Ishibashi have a used one for sale here:

https://reverb.com/uk/item/4892041-fender-japan-st54-80am-2-tone-sunburst

Some more information here:

https://guitargai.com/html_folder/gai_fenderP.html

Included, is an old (but functional) moulded Fender hard case.

There is a small amount of plectrum chipping under the 14th fret. I have tried to photograph this but it was not easy. Other than that, there are no marks or scratches to speak of except for a bit of swirling around the pickguard.

Pictures are here:

https://s1277.photobucket.com/user/steviebee74/library/Sale%20Stuff/Fender%2054RI%20Strat?page=1

Cash on collection only preferred (M1/Junction 26) where you are welcome to try it through my amp. I may also be able to bring it to Birmingham City Centre (most days) or London St. Pancras/Manchester Oxford Road (occasionally) if funds cleared in advance. 

Price £750. No trades thanks. 
    Bump - Will listen to offers if anybody fancies making one. 
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12359
    I already have a lovely MIJ strat but that is a seriously nice bit of wood.
    munckee said:
    I already have a lovely MIJ strat but that is a seriously nice bit of wood.
    Well sir, it could easily be yours if you fancied having two.... ;-)

• hessodreamyhessodreamy Frets: 118
    Where're you at?
    Nottingham. Which one are you interested in? 
  • hessodreamyhessodreamy Frets: 118
    Nottingham. Which one are you interested in? 
    The Eastman. Will have to see if I’m down your way anytime soon. 
  • Is the Strat still available by any chance?
  • Is the Strat still available by any chance?
    Still here.
  • Eastman now sold. Strat still available!