The Members - Sound Of The Suburbs

RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
I still have my clear vinyl copy of The Members 'Sound Of The Suburbs' single from 1979. I love this and the B-Side instrumental 'Handling The Big jets'. This Steve Lilywhite produced version is much better than the one from the album that followed.

Top tunes on a Saturday morning.

"Same old boring Sunday morning, old man's out washing the car..." That's me, now.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• IaMsPlattIaMsPlatt Frets: 3

"Same old boring Sunday morning, old man's out washing the car..." That's me, now.

"Hope I die before I get old"
    I am Mark S Platt but not the hacker M*rk Pl*tt
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    edited June 2019
    IaMsPlatt said:

"Hope I die before I get old"
    Flagged for ageist comment  =)

• UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12901

Funny that, because I'm annoying the neighbours* with some punk rock electric guitar. 

Such a great single, always reminds me of a friend of mine who is sadly no longer with us. Think I'll crank it up in his honour right now. 

Cheers!

*hopefully not too much because they're a nice couple who put our bins out when we're on holiday  ;)
  • riverciderrivercider Frets: 461
    Great stuff. The album At the Chelsea Nightclub was endlessly played on my old Dansette back then. Solitary Confinement....superb stuff.  Gonna have to go play some now!
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11295
    I saw in interview witgh Nicky Tesco a while ago, he siounded just a bit posh.
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6060
    scrumhalf said:
    I saw in interview witgh Nicky Tesco a while ago, he sounded just a bit posh.
    Weren't they from Camberley? Bit of a posh area (Sandhurst is just up the road). Area chock full of military types and  airline pilots, hence Handling the Big Jets...

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 31589
    JC Carroll is the brother of a good mate of mine, when my mate got married years ago Jean-Marie brought a load of acoustic instruments plus a Strat and silverface Champ to the reception, plus a load of songbooks, so everyone could get up and have a go at playing, singing or just joining in on the choruses.

It's still the best wedding reception I've ever been to, and I play at about a dozen a year. 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    Great single! Bought it when it was in the charts