Brexit and pets- ridiculous.

What's Hot
GassageGassage Frets: 30931

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27138
    Gassage said:
    This is just a return to the dark ages. 

Of course - that is what a good number of brexiteers actually want. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    I wonder if we could apply the same standard to football fans, politicians and Tommy Robinson / Farage when they travel?

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5282
    edited June 2019
    Gassage said:
    This is just a return to the dark ages. 

Of course - that is what a good number of brexiteers actually want. 
    not tooo dark though some of dem brexiteers dont like the darks
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7111
    From the website: You must have your dog, cat or ferret microchipped and vaccinated against rabies before it can travel. 

Yeah, pretty much covered all the types of pets there.
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14310
    tFB Trader
    James @Gassage - I've taken my dog 4-5 times to France with me over the years - All been fine - Even the ferry crossing - Generally do a night crossing so he'd be a sleep anyway - Previously all we needed to do was get a quick vet visit before going home and a quick worm tablet as per in the UK - Was easy

But not booked this year, as going back to March know one really knew the score with dogs etc

So he is staying at home this year, with friends
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16298
     We were going to France a few weeks ago but never booked anything in the end due to uncertainty over pet passports, had a lovely trip to Scotland instead. We are now going in July as effectively we have until 31/10/19 to use the pet passport scheme with any certainty. 
    Presumably any deal would include the pet passport scheme but in the event of no deal it’ll be U.K. holidays for us ( well, until the dog dies).

tony99 said:
    From the website: You must have your dog, cat or ferret microchipped and vaccinated against rabies before it can travel. 

They are chipped and vaccinated under the existing scheme, it’s the blood tests and another £200 and 3 months wait in the event of no deal. If you go to France through Euro tunnel you see a few cats, not sure I’ve ever seen a ferret at pet control. There are different rules for birds, horses, exotic pets,etc. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2430
    "When the UK leaves the EU, it will become a third country"

Haven't they left out the word 'world' between third and country? ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9825
    edited June 2019
    In fairness, the treatment of humans trying to do the same thing is likely to be much worse isn't it? 
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14310
    tFB Trader
     We were going to France a few weeks ago but never booked anything in the end due to uncertainty over pet passports, had a lovely trip to Scotland instead. We are now going in July as effectively we have until 31/10/19 to use the pet passport scheme with any certainty. 
    Presumably any deal would include the pet passport scheme but in the event of no deal it’ll be U.K. holidays for us ( well, until the dog dies).

tony99 said:

They are chipped and vaccinated under the existing scheme, it’s the blood tests and another £200 and 3 months wait in the event of no deal. If you go to France through Euro tunnel you see a few cats, not sure I’ve ever seen a ferret at pet control. There are different rules for birds, horses, exotic pets,etc. 
    We did not bother with France this year in spring due to uncertainty - Went to Cornwall instead with the dog - Dogs still okay on the beaches until Good Friday so we were fine

Yes we were fine with the chip, vaccine etc - But the blood test issue and time will make us think otherwise - We tend to have 1 holiday with the dog and one without - Both abroad - But might have to look at that next year, subject to what happens next