Current options for super quiet/headphone practice?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24272
    Boss Katana.

Make me an offer for mine in the classifieds... ahem!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JD50JD50 Frets: 658
    For late night strumming I use an iPod with irig.... The Amp sims are free and come with a tuner... all you need really.
  • Boss Katana.

Make me an offer for mine in the classifieds... ahem!

I know these sound great at low volume but it's physically a bit big :( was hoping for something physically smaller than my 1x10 ac15... 
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    Pocket Pod.  And I see NPP is offering you one above, you're done :)
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    Jalapeno said:
    Yamaha THR </thread>
    I have a THR10 and really do not like the sound through headphones. It's good through the speakers.
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1527
    have a look at line 6 jm4 looper .get a used one off ebay maybe.
  • Jay1Jay1 Frets: 4
    Another vote for the Vox Adio. You get used to the looks. It sounds really good, works at very low volumes, can also get fairly loud. Works well with headphones too. 
    It's also good with bluetooth streaming (whether for backing tracks, in my case lessons, or just a music player) 

• Just put a wtb ad up - I'd like the g3x but could get on board with the g3 for the right price. 

My daughter's got a G3, mostly for using the looper with her electric violin, but I've had a few plays with it on guitar and it's really very good indeed.  Looper, drum machine, all the effects you could ever want and pretty decent amp sims.  We paid £60 for it (s/h in the forum classifieds) a bit more than a year ago, in immaculate condition.  If I didn't already have an ID Core 10 as a practice amp I may well have bought another G3 for myself.

• Just put a wtb ad up - I'd like the g3x but could get on board with the g3 for the right price. 

My daughter's got a G3, mostly for using the looper with her electric violin, but I've had a few plays with it on guitar and it's really very good indeed.  Looper, drum machine, all the effects you could ever want and pretty decent amp sims.  We paid £60 for it (s/h in the forum classifieds) a bit more than a year ago, in immaculate condition.  If I didn't already have an ID Core 10 as a practice amp I may well have bought another G3 for myself.

Definitely want one. I have heard the g3n is better sounding but doesn't work as an interface. Still consider it though. 
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4135
    The original G3 is still better in some ways, as they removed quite a bit of the functionality in the follow up. The original can be run on 4xAA batteries and will do so for quite a while.

• The original G3 is still better in some ways, as they removed quite a bit of the functionality in the follow up. The original can be run on 4xAA batteries and will do so for quite a while.

Yeah I like the idea of it being a USB interface so I can record ideas... So would on balance prefer the g3x to g3xn but I'd not complain if either came up. 

If I'm lucky I may get a g5n. Bigger and uglier but got girlfriend approval over the vox "plastic handbag" as she called it... 
  • Damn! My headphones broke this morning - they've been tired for a few years and the plastics/leathers have been peeling. Superlux come up a bit as an affordable studio headphone - any recommendations? I'm not flush at the moment so let's aim for very affordable rather than top quality...