PSA: Vox AC15HW1X @ GuitarGuitar £599

What's Hot
andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2197
edited June 2019 in Amps
There's a used one at GG for £599, described as in great condition.

Having had one of these, they are a superb amp, and very giggable. 

Seems a good price for one with the blue speaker.

https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/product/pxp190509343407001-3209227--vox-ac15hw1x-hand-wired-combo-pre-owned-000443
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5759
    That is a good price for delivered, with the. reassurance that it can go back if there’s a problem. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72406
    dazzajl said:
    That is a good price for delivered, with the. reassurance that it can go back if there’s a problem. 
    If it’s Guitar Guitar, it probably already has...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    ICBM said:
    dazzajl said:
    If it’s Guitar Guitar, it probably already has...
    Oh.... :(
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3488

''Condition

This is a really beautiful amp that has been brought into us in excellent condition. One very careful owner who has only used it in his house. Sounds superb. Complete with Vox cover and footswitch.''

Roughly translates to, 

''This is a really beautiful amp that has been brought into us in broken condition and an uneconomical repair. One stupid owner who has only used it in his damp shed then stored it in his log store for two years. Sounds superb to a pair of untrained ears because we had a crack at fixing it and have bodged it to make the light come on. Complete with Vox cover and footswitch to distract from the fact that its fairly fucked.''

A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2695
    Can't possibly be that bad, can it? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Can't possibly be that bad, can it? 
    I have no idea, Im only pulling your leg.
    Should I buy it and find out? 
    If you want it and you know a good tech in case there's something wrong with it, since they won't have another one in stock if it has to go back.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

ICBM said:
    If you want it and you know a good tech in case there's something wrong with it, since they won't have another one in stock if it has to go back.
    I'll spare myself the headache 
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6078
    If I hadn't just got a WEM, I'd have taken a chance on that - hand wired, Alnico blue, returns accepted. Yeah, why not.
    Someone is going to have to buy it now, just to settle the curiosity;)
    It would probably be an idea to get a good tech to look over it anyway.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Don't get the cynicism, how is this different to buying a used amp on here but with greater buyer protection.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • stavrosestavrose Frets: 1
    Absolute bargain - almost too cheap. 
  • “This product is currently not available.” Well someone has had a punt... or it’s still being repaired.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    dindude said:
    Don't get the cynicism, how is this different to buying a used amp on here but with greater buyer protection.
    I think the general idea is that most (!) of the people who deal on here are honest, knowledgeable, yadda yadda. Not sure if you’ve bought from GG online, but they’re pretty fuckin’ useless in my experience. Obviously they will take returns, but I’m currently still waiting for the Paypal refund for a faulty pedal they sent me and I returned to them last Thursday. A Paypal refund. Which takes about 5 seconds to initiate and a second to hit my account. Which incidentally is about the same amount of time it takes to check if a pedal works, but that’s by the by. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    They have a history of selling returned B-stock and second hand gear without checking it properly.

You do have the protection of being able to return it, but you also have a higher chance of there being a problem in the first place. 

• imalrightjackimalrightjack Frets: 3753
    I've a Vox AC15C1-CR Ltd Edition Cream (not hand-wired) for £325...definite bargain ;) Barely used.
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2197
    I've a Vox AC15C1-CR Ltd Edition Cream (not hand-wired) for £325...definite bargain ;) Barely used.
    You know this counts as a bump, right?

And I'll PM you about your, quite frankly, offensive pricing regime.

:o 

;) 
  • johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    Conversely I've had really good experiences with GuitarGuitar - have bought a fair amount of their second hand stuff and when there have been issues they've been very good at sorting them.