Furch guitars

What's Hot
normula1normula1 Frets: 640
On holiday in Guernsey and popped into the local music shop for a browse. Came across some Furch guitars that looked really nice and the total lack of VAT here made them ridiculously cheap. Never heard of the brand before and if I was in the market for a nice acoustic may very well have been tempted.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7418
    Czech (I think) - very well regarded - also trade under the Stonebridge brand 
    Red ones are better. 
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3494
    TimmyO said:
    Czech (I think) - very well regarded - also trade under the Stonebridge brand 
    Yep, they are Czech.  

They've folded the Stonebridge brand AFAIK, which used to be the monikor for the US market as they didn't think they'd be able to get to grips with using a foreign word like 'Furch', but they've gone to use Furch for all markets now. 
  • danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2695
    Have owned a couple, both lovely
  • GTCGTC Frets: 263
    I'm left-handed but tried a couple of righties in the late lamented Jaywalk Guitars in Street, Somerset. They are very nice instruments indeed - and I've recently been looking into their nylon-strung crossover guitars.

The other great but lesser known Czech brand is BSG. This is run by the other half of the team that went on to form Furch. BSG have stuck to the small workshop hand-built principle and only produce about 200 guitars a year. They are real beauties. I was lucky enough to come across a new left-handed A-Pro (thin-bodied acoustic - solid spruce top, solid walnut back and sides, maple neck) last year and have since fitted it with a K&K Pure Mini. It sounds great and looks beautiful.
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    edited June 2019
    If you’re bringing it into the UK, VAT will be due at the border....
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5467
    I have a Stonebridge. I love it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited June 2019
    Even cheaper at the Brno factory shop. Good beer too!

If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11448
    Great guitars.