trade: My dr. z EZG 50 for something a bit smaller (20 watts or so)

Hi all

So I currently have a Dr. Z EZG 50, which is a truly fantastic pedal platform. However, the truth is that its just not getting the play its supposed to get. Its all the fendery clean tones you could want, but I can't exactly wind it up.
I am looking for something smaller, also valve, that is a touch more manageable, but still has amazing clean tones.
Trade only, I'm not interested in further expenditure, otherwise I'll just keep it.

What you got?

Matt

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Comments

• hywelghywelg Frets: 2017
    Email Mike Zaite and ask if it could take 6v6's maybe with a different rectifier. I also do know I had some info from him about different rectifiers in the EZG with 6L6's and there were options. 5U4 or 5U4GB,  or 5V4's will lower the output power, but it will need rebiasing (not too much of a problem as  had it modded and bias pots fitted).

PM me and I'll forward the info I got.

Have you tried an attenuator? I found the Hotplate worked well with this amp. Better than the full fat Dr Z Airbrake. Will drop the volume by 8dB without too much noticeable tone loss.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter