SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD Stratocaster MIM FS or FT

pottolompottolom Frets: 114
edited June 2019 in Guitars £
Arctic White Standard Stratocaster for sale with maple neck.

Recently got hold of this, but have decided it's a bit too close to my main G&L Doheny for comfort, and I prefer the Doheny really (mainly for the pickups, the fit and finish of this Strat is a cut above).

It's a lovely Strat, just under 8 lb in weight so quite light for a Strat really. The neck is really nice - 9.5" radius, decent sized frets, and a reasonable handful - not a baseball bat, but certainly not skinny.

It's in superb condition and, apart from a small amount of fretwear in the cowboy chord area, it essentially looks brand new. It's completely stock.

Colour is hard to photograph, but it's a kind of creamy off-white, with a very slightly mint green scratch plate and slightly off-white switch, knobs, pickup covers, etc. Very pretty looking.

The stock trem on these is vintage style 6 screw.

Would like to trade for either:
  • Gibson SG Special;
  • Gibson Les Paul Studio;
  • Fender Telecaster;
  • G&L Asat Special.
Or quick sale for £350 £300.

I'm in Newcastle.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• pottolompottolom Frets: 114
    edited June 2019
    Forgot to add, can courier this, and would consider other trades beside those above. Looking ideally for a hard-tail dual humbucker or dual P90 guitar.
    Hmm. No interest or replies!

Help me out here, have I got the price wrong? Are my photos crap?
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    edited June 2019
    Photos are fine.......
    I paid £295 mailed for a MiM strat recently from here and there is one on our local ad site, same model as yours but Sunburst, with added Fender locking tuners for £200, which I would now have in my sweaty grasp if I wasn't camping in Wales!
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

Price reduced.
  • SRichSRich Frets: 762
    pottolom said:
    Are my photos crap?
    When you first posted I did think that the pics were about ten times better than some ads for guitars ten times the price. Are you a photographer.........good depth of field!  

"There's things I want, there's things I think I want 
    There's things I've had, there's things I wanna have" 
    SRich said:
    pottolom said:
    Are my photos crap?
    When you first posted I did think that the pics were about ten times better than some ads for guitars ten times the price. Are you a photographer.........good depth of field!  
    Thanks! Funnily enough, I do make some money from photography as a sideline, but these were just some hastily grabbed photos taken in poor light one evening over the weekend (admittedly with a very nice Sony camera)....

• jemstar555jemstar555 Frets: 84
    2008 MIM Tele with Seymour Duncan Hotrail in the bridge?
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1325
    Hi any chance of a front pic of the cowboy chord fretwear please?,and are the frets tarnished at the high end ?
    cheers
    Mark
  • chrisoldroydchrisoldroyd Frets: 11
    edited June 2019
    What is the setup like, is it low action and well setup? Any dings or damage anywhere? I am in Newcastle too. Any case or bag with it? Looking closely at the fret pics, they look like they are speckled / pitted with rust, is that the picture or are they?
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7106
    Looking closely at the fret pics, they look like they are speckled / pitted with rust, is that the picture or are they?
    I think that looks like a reflection of the ceiling or wallpaper or something
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    mark123 said:
    Hi any chance of a front pic of the cowboy chord fretwear please?,and are the frets tarnished at the high end ?
    cheers
    Mark
    Photos attached. I think they show it all.

What is the setup like, is it low action and well setup? Any dings or damage anywhere? I am in Newcastle too. Any case or bag with it? Looking closely at the fret pics, they look like they are speckled / pitted with rust, is that the picture or are they?
    Setup's a subjective thing, but it feels great to me. Set up to Fender specs, essentially.

No case or bag.

The frets aren't rusted or pitted, but your question and the one above made me realise there is some tarnishing at the upper frets (hadn't spotted it before!). For some reason, it really shows in one of those photos above and isn't so obvious in the flesh.

I got my Brasso out this evening and it rubbed off with no issues - so it is definitely just a bit of nickel tarnish. I took a photo of the fret I cleaned tonight (see below, second last fret):

And no, I can’t see any dings or damage whatsoever.
    Just realised that latest batch of photos makes the neck look very orange. The first batch is much more reflective of the colour.

Also noticed that they make it look as though there is some finger nail wear down to the wood on the first fret. I’ve just double and triple checked and this is just some grain/figure in the wood - the finish is intact and shiny!
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1325
    p'med
    mark123 said:
    p'med
    Sold! Thanks, Mark, for the smooth deal.
  • Damn it, procrastination and all that. Enjoy mate and let me know what you think of it, I need a strat in my life soon